Chapter 75 - Leon's Pride

Start from the beginning

"You brand us with this horrible name yet we did not shy from it. We took the name you gave us and accepted it no matter how badly it painted us. And then you conspire amongst yourselves to make weapons made specifically to kill us. We are not the ones deserving of the term demons, that is a title much more befitting the people in this room and every person out there who attacked us.

"I see you whispering amongst yourselves, asking yourselves if I'm serious about claiming all of your lives. I am as serious as you are when you claim the lives of my fellow demons. I am not declaring war, I am telling you that if you move to claim these demons you will find a UNITED Chain of demons waiting to defend their brothers and sisters. My kind will trouble you no further so long as your kind troubles us."

Omen then swiped his hand over Nick's PET revealing the monument that Natalia had erected of Leon in place of his nightclub. He pointed to the statue of Leon and began circling the chamber, screaming to United Nation council members. "You were saved by this man. Not a demon, a man, a man who gave his live to protect you all. A man whose very essence passes through the sky everyday watching over you in death just as he did in life. We are not the monsters, you are not monsters...so do not force us to become monsters by forcing our hands."

That was when Omen had forced the United Nations into a corner of their own sins, and with video, audio, and even financial proof of all the human's attempts to create the perfect demon killer. The compromise was just as Omen had said, the demons left in the world will leave the human cities and either go to the Chain or to the new country of Ryna. Should they go to the Chain a whole new process of citizenship was required if they wanted to enter human territories once again. Those who were okay with living just the way things were, went to Ryna a large patch of land formerly known as Waz't Ruht. That was where Lauren and all the rest chose to go, but since Lauren was human she needed to undergo a process of citizenship herself as did all the other humans that chose to live here.

Not that she would change where she lived for anything in the world, she thought looking at Roy and the odd couple of Arya and Carny, as well as Nick who had just gotten there. She missed her real family of course, but here she was happy. She'd made up with her brother and best friend after everything was said and done both of them couldn't stop hugging her and apologizing. Lauren of course forgave them and wished them both the best but she'd made up her mind about moving here. She'd transferred to an online school that was run through the Chain and was going to finish getting her degree in political sciences. She figured it was the leas that she could do to try and make the world a better place by having a human representative on the in Ryna.

As for the ones that were running things here were Gall and Quinn who had been given special seats on the Demon Council. Omen had requested that they stay on the Chain and take and active roll but they both turned him down saying that they'd been away from home for too long as it stood. A decision that Omen was more than willing to accept provided they at least take a position of power in Ryna which they had. Though Quinn assured them all that they were leaders in name only because those who lived in Ryna were mainly the L'ok demons who chose a far more traditional lifestyle without many modern laws. It was back with his own L'ok where Rite had gone much to his student brothers' disappointment. But in the end the three students of Kane had gone their separate ways. Rite had gone back to his people, Gall lived atop the great mountain to continue Kane's teachings in hopes of finding a student of his own. Quinn popped up there to see his brother but he told them that he had his own path to follow, however it was widely agreed that if anyone was Demon Head of Ryna it was Quinn.

Speaking of, Lauren's eyes went up when she saw the smaller demon enter the hospital. He was dressed in his usual droopy robe that he'd worn during his time under Kane though it was designed with patterns and symbols typical of a Chain officer. He turned his head towards them and with a smile he walked over to them and in his usual soft voice he asked if the baby was here yet. They all told him no which only made Quinn laugh before assuring them that this time wasn't a false labor before jokingly adding that the baby wanted out now.