Chapter 75 - Leon's Pride

Start from the beginning

Lauren had asked them how they got here so fast and Arya told them in her own colorful way that she and Carny were staying the night at Natalia's place because; 'her man had a feeling about tonight.' As insane as Lauren knew Carny to be she had to admit that when it came to these sort of things he was always right. They were also the ones who drove Natalia to the hospital because even demon could still develop troubles during birth.

Lauren looked over at Carny who was still wearing his captain uniform, because despite everything he's done he was still a ranked officer of the Chain despite them currently residing in Ryna. Due to his particular circumstances though he was given leave to be transferred to Ryna, a sub country of the Chain. After Omen was named official spokesmen for the Chain he immediately became embroiled in a political war with the United Nations about what happened, not only with Legion but with Skorge leading a third attack against humans.

Many demands were made of him such as the right to pass judgment on whom they referred to as international war criminals in Skorge, Zant, Gall, Quinn, and even Typhon along with all other demons that'd aided Skorge in his final attack or risk another declaration of war. Omen though, did not take kindly to the ultimatum. As Skorge, Zant, Typhon and all the rest were still citizens of the Chain they had no claim on their lives. Something that Omen was more than willing to take to the battlefield to defend. He gave a speech which the media had already dubbed the Elder Cry, in which Omen spoke the traditional Demon Head words.

"I am the pillar of my world, that which bares the weight of the sky and the sins of my fathers. I am the wall of my people, that which shields my family from those who seek them harm. I am the Demon Head, that which oversees the Elder Race. Friends and Enemies of the past exist no more, there are only my family. And I will sooner die than let anyone harm my family."

It was this single oath being spoken for the very first time in public as well as in the presence of any human that spoke volumes to the United Nations and all the people who had tuned in to hear what was going to happen. In one oath Omen had basically told the United Nations that they could have all those that they had deemed war criminals, but it would be over his dead body that they lay their claim. When the United Nations pressed further Omen simply stood from his seat and ended the debate with a simple claim.

"Very well," He had said calmly before gesturing for Nick to come forward and with her she brought her PET which showed a long list of names. As the list began to scroll through Omen spoke again. "If you are so persistent in claiming those lives I must make this demand in exchange. What you see before you now are the names of all the Lawkeepers who lured millions of innocent demons into fallout shelters before they were attacked with an anti-demon toxin. Harmless to humans deadly to demons in 100% of all those exposed. Added to the list are thousands of human scientists who have worked on anti-demon weaponry including this toxin.

"Along with those names you'll find the names of several of yourselves as well."  Omen asked Nick to skip to the names he was referring to. Omen read off every single national leader, as well as their UN representatives. "The number of names on this list is in the tens of thousands. I name you all international criminals for devising ways to target demons.  Believe me when I tell you that you will lose a contest of measuring sins and acts of war."

"You say you need ways to defend yourselves against us. To that I say what is wrong with the guardians you have now? Has the Chain not proven to you time and time again that we shall lay down our very lives to keep YOU safe. It's been this way for millennia, we have defended you from the nightmares that exist in your world. We watched over you from the moment your kind arose from the waters, the ground whatever you choose to believe. Yet you brand us monsters, oni...demons. I've done my research into your religions, a race that defends the world of man is not called demon, they are called angels.