Chapter 13

He sighed while standing outside the door, contemplating. The woman he wanted more than anything stood on the other side of that door, stressed, worried, and probably even tired. He wanted to help. He wanted to comfort her, to give her all she ever wanted and so much more.

He typed in the code and the door slid open. He could hear the sounds of the shower running. She was in there again, just like the night he'd bought her the flowers, but he was even more nervous that before. He could die tonight. He could be lose Shepard. So many bad things could happen, but all he really wanted was to be with her. To hold her. For her to finally tell him that she did too have feelings for him.

The faucet stopped and he could hear the sound of her feet slapping against the floor. She was humming a melody as well, the sound of her voice just seemed to echo off the walls.

When she stepped out she was slightly taken by surprise to even see him standing there. His heart was pounding at the sight of her, it was almost like they'd met all over again. Like he'd fallen in love with her over again.

"Garrus, what are you-"

Quick and swift he placed a kiss upon her lips. Muffled cries escaped her mouth before she sighed slightly and sank into the kiss. He placed both of his talons on her creeks and crouched down a bit more while she stood on her tiptoes to try to reach his height, he absolutely adored how short she was compared to him and the rest of his species.

Garrus pulled away and she was panting slightly. The sight of her flushed cheeks nearly melted his heart. She was just so beautiful. He slid a lock of her hair away from her eyes and cleared his throat to get it to that perfect tone.

"The course of true love never did run smooth," he was told about a man named Shakespeare, a man who wrote the best plays with some of the best romance. It was told that the quotes from his masterpieces were some of the beautiful phrases to this day,"To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not be false to any man. Love looks not with eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged cupid painted blind."

"Garrus, I-I…" she was completely red by the face. This was the reaction he wanted,"When did you learn to say that?"

He shrugged just to make himself seem so much cooler, but in a literal sense, between his lessons with Miranda he was studying that quote word for word. All he wanted was to see her happy.

"For you, I'd do anything,"

He didn't know why, but this made her attraction to him grow. She threw her legs around his waist and bucked her hips slightly. This sudden movement made his plates shift, without her even pulling his fringe.

"Mmmf Shepard," he groaned out while pulling away,"Are you sure you want this?"

She rested her head on his shoulder and nodded, panting slightly,"This could be my last night alive. I am positive that I want to spend it with you."

That was more than enough that needed to be said. With his grip tight around her waist and her legs around him, he slammed her against the bed. The springs squeaked slightly as he crawled closer to her legs.

He had so many dreams about having sex with her in this bed, so many fantasies about being the one to do it with her here. He knew they'd already done this once before, but he didn't even remember that night, even if he watched the vid of them together over and over.

He slid his talons across her thighs and lower legs. Looking at them he noticed something important. He forgot to clip his claws, that could only cause multiple problems so he had to be careful. One wrong move and he would hurt her, bad.