Chapter 6

He was hyperventilating and pacing in the Main Battery. A date. She asked him on a date!

"Garrus! What's going on you said it was urgent!?" Miranda ran into the Main Battery as fast as her heels could carry her.

"She asked me out…." he'd said,"After I gave her that ring, she asked me out."

"A ring? Why did you give her ring?"

"I planned to confess my feelings to her later on after I had it, but then she just asked me out!"

"That's great, Garrus!"

He knew. The news was absolutely amazing, but he was scared. Him and Shepard spent so much time together to the point where it was almost natural, but this, this was different. It wants going to be like their trips to buy weapon mods or their usual Friday movie night. This single event could change their entire relationship, it could make them or break them, and he was frightened that he might blow it.

"Thanks Miranda, for everything,"

He hugged her and kept her in his arms. It was nice, warm, and her hair smelled really really good. It wasn't a romantic hug, it was more of a sibling thing, he stopped seeing Miranda as a mother figure and began to see her as an older wiser sister.

"Ahem! Is there something that I should know about?" Garrus pulled away to see Shepard standing in the doorway, her arms crossed.

He pulled away quickly,"No! No no no no no! Shepard it's not like that!"

"I'll just leave now," Miranda said awkwardly as she walked past her.

"Garrus? What's going on?"

"Miranda is a close friend of mine, that's all,"

"Mmhm, Yeah sure," her voice was laced with disbelief,"So about our date?"

"Yeah? Um...what's up?"

"Is there anything specific that you want to do?"

His mandibles continued to flutter. He was scared and nervous and so damn happy, she was actually jealous, even if she wouldn't admit it.

"Well just spending time with you alone is a gift in itself,"

She covered her flushed cheeks and giggled slightly. Standing on her tiptoes, she placed a light kiss on the unscarred side of his face.

"You're so sweet," She cooed, placing her hand on his fringe and pulling it slightly.

"Sh-Shepard, I don't think you should touch me there," She continued to pull and scratch at the sensitive spot of his body. Her nails intensified the pleasure, but he didn't want to do it, not just yet.

"Shepard? What happened to Janey?" She spoke in a joking tone, placing slight kisses on his mandible.

He grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her back slightly. He wanted to do it, Spirits he wanted nothing more than to be with her, but he didn't want to do it here. On his cot in the Main Battery, that was so unromantic, He was going to get them a room in the fanciest hotel he could find. For Shepard he wanted to do something special like that.

"Garrus, when you and my dad were alone, what did you tell him?" She pulled away, her voice now being gruesomely serious.

"I-I don't know what you mean…"

"Don't play dumb with me!" She was now raising her voice now raising,"If you didn't tell him a thing then where did you get this?"

She grabbed the chain from around her neck. The ring was dangling from it, glimmering slightly from the weak light in the Main Battery.

"My father said that when a man gave me this ring, it meant his feelings for me were pure. At first I didn't understand why you just have it to me, but then I realized. You love me, don't you, Garrus?"

The way she was speaking was so sympathetic. She wanted an answer, but she want going to force it out of him.

"Shepard. Wait I-"

"That's why you've been acting this way lately, isn't it? The flowers, the dates, you were jealous of my friend, weren't you?"

"Yes Shepard, Yes I love you," he sighed and looked down, "Every since back on the SR-1 I loved you so damn much. Every little the thing about you Shepard, I love everything."

"I-I never knew felt that way. I guess I just wasn't reading the signs. I was never really able to interrupt the difference between chivalry and flirting,"

Well that explains a lot, he thought to himself. He wanted to explain to her, but decided against it. Seeing it as pointless.

There was just a silence between them. No noises. No speaking. Nothing. He cleared his throat awkwardly and finally spoke.

"Then why ask me out?"

She blushed and looked down,"After you gave me that ring something in me snapped ya know. I couldn't hold my feelings for you back. Even if I believed you didn't feel the same way."

"Your feelings for me?" His heart throbed and his mandibles fluttered at a rapid pace.

He was nervous now. She had feelings for him? That "I love you" she'd said after her drunken night, was it not in a friendly way? She held him, cuddled with him, she got jealous when he was with Miranda.

He reached his talon out to her, not exactly knowing why, but it felt so damn right. She placed her hand in his, it was warm, soft, so damn smooth. He loved her skin.

He lifted her hand up to his face. She smelled vaguely of wild fruit. She blushed, and stroked the scarred side of his face. Gently he placed the kiss on the back of her hand, earning a light chuckle from her.

"Wow Garrus, I've always wondered where you learned to flirt with human women," Sarcasm. He didn't care.

"Research. Lots and lots of research," he said jokingly.

"And what did you learn with that research, Vakarian?"

He chuckled and turned back to his control panel, closing and locking the door to the Main Battery. She cocked her eyebrow when he turned back and placed his talons on her cheeks.

"Human and Turian kissing are drastically different,"

He pulled her closer to him, crouching down slightly to get to her height, and placing a kiss against her lips. She returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him in deeper into it.

She pulled away, panting and blushing. She smiled up at him, continuing to stroke his face.

"You don't know how bad I've wanted to do that,"

"I know, I guess I was just too oblivious to see that you wanted to."