Attending Xavior's

It was Alexis's first day at the academy, as a student that is. She had lived at Xavior's Academy for as long as she could remember. Now that she was ten, she could officially attend the academy. Attending Xavior's Academy was an honor, being the top academy to train hunters. As Alexis walked out into the courtyard, where the introductions were held, she wished she had listened to Sandra, the keeper of the Academy. It is not as if she'd never witnessed the first day here at Xavior's; It was that this time it was her's. As she wondered to the back of the group, she couldn't help the lonely feeling that crept over her at the sight of clustered friends and siblings in their groups talking and laughing. She'd met some nice hunters who had trained here, but people came and went; she never really had a stable friend to rely on. She did have Micheal, the head of Xavior's, and Sandra, who's practically raised Alexis her whole life, but it just wasn't enough anymore.

Looking to the steps of the academy Alexis watched expectantly as Micheal walked out as always, smiled done at the group of children, and introduced himself. Micheal had taught Alexis most of what she knew of the world, and she respected him. He was what the hunter society called a special; not a born hunter, but one who became a hunter through ceremony because they preformed some brave act recognized by hunters; for him it was a choice. She thought this made him a hero, an ordinary guy doing a brave task with no idea of the true world around him and no training to help him defend himself. As Micheal spoke of the school's history, Alexis's mind strayed to thoughts of one day being a hero, of being worthy enough to become a guardian. Guardians were the warriors and protectors of the royals who led the hunter society.

Eventually the speech was over and Alexis followed the herd of students into the school, still lost in thoughts of heroism. However, her loss of focus led her right into Micheal himself. She stumbled backwards as his firm hand reached out and steadied her. Blushing, Alexis kept her eyes on the ground. Micheal cleared his throat, forcing her to peek up through her eyelashes.

"Alexis, you need to keep your focus at all times. A good hunter is-" she cut him off, "Always on the alert. I know. I am sorry."

Micheal shook his head, but a smile crept across his face, showing his soft spot towards Alexis.

"Go get your schedule. And Alexis," She was already halfway through the double doors, but paused at her name, looking over her shoulder at him.

"Yes?"

"Pay attention in class." After a nod, Alexis hurried to the office to pick up her schedule. Once she held her schedule, she relaxed a bit: History, Latin, Weapons, Healing, Break, Mystic Studies, and finally, Training. She was already itching to go to her last class. Since it was the first day of classes, they were nothing but introductions and basic information she already knew. When training finally did come, Alexis was bouncing with excitement as she entered the training room.

The room was a huge dome with boards ten feet up going from wall to wall, nets underneath, and from the ceiling dangled climbing ropes. The floor was marked with lines and squares for sparing, and along one wall was nothing but shelf after shelf of practice weapons. Alexis smiled at the smell of metal, and took a seat on the floor with the other kids, sitting towards the back of the group.

She had been in this room before, watching as Micheal himself taught the class, and now it was finally her turn to learn. Micheal began with the same opening as he did every year.

"This academy was built on a motto. Can anyone tell me what the motto is?" A boy with black hair in front of Alexis leaned towards his friend and whispered, along with the rest of the class, but no one spoke up.