[official] BONUS CHAPTER

Start from the beginning

"Damian, go wait in my office."

"But–"

"No buts. Go wait in my office," she demanded, which made Damian flinch a little at her harsh tone. He had his head down as he walked to her office. Karen was busy caring for Oliver who was bleeding a whole lot. She knew she couldn't tolerate Damian's behaviour but she couldn't just send him away. After she was done cleaning up Oliver and don't settling him in a different room, she headed to her office. She took a deep sigh before opening the door. She found Damian sitting on a chair opposite from where she sits, with his head down and a sad look on his face. "Damian," she said as she sat down in her chair opposite him, "your behaviour is completely unacceptable."

"I'm sorry," he spoke, not actually feeling sorry at all. Oliver had deserved it and he wasn't going to feel sorry for something that was right. "He deserved it. He's a bully."

"Even if someone is a bully, you don't go around beating someone up! Damian, you can go to prison. Do you not understand that? If you keep behaving like this, one day someone will press charges and you will end up being sent off to prison! You're young and you have your whole life ahead of you. You can't keep doing this even if someone 'deserves it'." Damian nodded his head in understanding. He knew she was right but he couldn't help it. He was just so angry and has been for as long as he could remember.

It all stemmed from when he grew up and realised his parents had abandoned him as a baby. It didn't settle right with him and he hated his parents for that. He was angry and he had to let it out somehow, and fighting seemed to be a great way to do so. All the frustration was let out. But it wasn't on innocent people, no, it was on people who deserved it — like Oliver. "I'm angry, Karen." The only thing he had of his parents was his name. Karen had told him how he had been dropped off one night with nothing but a name and a note stating when he was born. His name was the only connection he had with his parents and part of him hated it. It was a reminder that they had time to name him but not enough to keep him and take care of him.

"I know you are, sweetie. I know. But it still doesn't give you the right to beat people up, you have to understand that." Just as she finished her sentence, the phone had begun to ring. "One second, Damian." She picked up the phone, "Hello? Karen Matthews, speaking." Damian sat there trying to listen to her conversation but obviously he couldn't hear. He could only hear what Karen was saying and by the sounds of it, someone was wanting to adopt rather then foster. Karen soon ended the call with a huge smile on her face.

"Who's going?" Damian asked, hope filling his eyes. Although, whenever he was fostered, they always took him back.

"Actually, you are. I think you'll be quite pleased. The couple are heading over tomorrow so make sure you look very handsome and cleaned up, okay?"

Damian crossed his arms and frowned. "You know they're just going to bring me back."

"Aw, Damian, don't be like that. I don't think so, I have a good feeling about this." Damian sighed and stood up, leaving her office and heading to his room. Just as he left her office, though, she yelled to him to make sure he has everything packed. He already did seeing as he just came back from his foster family.

The next day came and Damian was trying his best to look smart and presentable. If Karen felt that this was finally his chance, then maybe he should at least try. He heard a knock on the door. "Damian?" He opened it and found Karen on the other side of the door. "They're here." Karen took his hand and led him to the meeting room where couples usually met the children. This, however, was a one-on-one meeting rather than a group one. He saw a couple who looked quite young. He guessed they were at least in their twenties. He wondered why they wanted him and not one of the babies. He was thirteen which was considered quite old.