Chapter Fourteen

"Kylie, wake up." The voice sounded like Damian. I was probably dreaming his voice. Wait, ew. Why was I dreaming his voice? Gross. "Kylie." I felt someone pushing me. Hm, maybe this isn't a dream. Maybe I'm not dreaming his voice. "Come on, we have to leave soon. We are taking Jake to the airport, remember?" At the mention of Jake and airport, my eyes sprung open. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "You're awake, finally. Get your coat and shoes, we are leaving in a few minutes." I grab Damian's shirt before he goes to leave. "What?"

"Carry me." He chuckles and picks me up bridal style. Even though I had sort of shot up at the mention of Jake leaving, I was still super tired. I don't bother wrapping my arms around his neck because I was too tired and I couldn't be bothered I just snuggled deep into his chest.

"Jake?" Damian calls out. "Where's Kylie's shoes and coat? Are they in her room or something?" I mean, he could've asked me but I doubt I would've answered. I would have hummed in reply.

"I'll get them- woah. What's happening here?" I hear Jake say, chuckling. Well, at least he wasn't mad or anything.

"I'm tired." I reply sleepily, yawning afterwards which just proved my point. "I don't want to walk," I add on. Soon enough, I felt shoes being put onto my feet and my coat being draped over me.

"You're such a princess," Jake remarks. It was true. Well, in this moment it was. Other times, I didn't like when people did stuff for me. I preferred to be independent. I saw Jake pick up his suitcase and I heard Damian ask him to carry his keys since he was occupied with me. I offered to hold Damian's car keys but he said it was fine. We walked to the car and I was placed in the back of the car. I sat upright this time and strapped myself in after putting on my coat. It was pretty chilly outside and I was still only in my pyjamas. Damian and Jake sat at the front, Damian driving. As we drove to the airport, which was at least a good hour drive, I tried to stay awake. However, sleep won and overtook me.

When I eventually woke up again, Jake and Damian were just getting out of the car. I undid my seatbelt and stepped out of the car, stretching my muscles.

"Hey there, sleepy head," Jake teased, pinching my cheeks. I swatted his hand away and lunched his arm. "Oh yeah, I forgot you're not a morning person."

"Shut up. It's too early for you to annoy me," I mumble, yawning again.

"You're the one who suggested that you come with, you know?" Yes, because I'm not going to just not say goodbye to him!

"We all make mistakes, don't we?" I was kidding, obviously. No matter how early it was, even if it were somehow earlier than it is now, I would've still joined him and said goodbye. "Why couldn't you get a flight where we could leave later?"

"I wanted to get there as soon as. This was the earliest flight they had. The later one would mean I would probably arrive in the evening and sorry, but I don't want that. Although I'm not too sure because I'm not too good with time zones right now. You do know it's really early in the morning?" Of course I know, ugh.

We walked with Jake through the airport and we were soon waving Jake off as he boarded the plane. We had waited for the plane to take off and then we left. I got into the front of the car this time and Damian drove us home. The drive was silent, because I was in and out of sleep, apart from some quiet music in the background. Once he parked up, he decided he was going to carry me still. I would say I wouldn't complain, but I did. I complained a lot but he silenced me with a kiss and carried me anyway. He's really got to stop with these out-of-the-blue kisses.

Once we entered the apartment, he walked straight to my room and placed me on my bed, then proceeding to take my shoes off for me. I protested and told him I could do it, but he insisted. After that,cue too, my coat from me too and left my room. For the third time, I fell back asleep.