Chapter Nine

The next day, I had yet another day off and I was pretty sure Jake had left for work. That meant that it was just Damian and I. I do hope that he's turned over a sort of new leaf and wouldn't actually try anything on me.

I was still laying in bed because Jake really knows how to pick a good mattress. It was quite soft and extremely comfy. But then again, apparently beds are most comfy in the morning so maybe that's what was happening? Out of no where, I felt hands on my body. I screamed and kicked Damian. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Getting this friendship off to a good start, duh!" This is not going to end very well.

"I told you not to try anything," I grumble out. I then lay my head back down onto my pillow and continue my nice lay in. Unfortunately, I was rudely disturbed by Damian who was still in my room and on my bed. What else? He kept poking me.

"Damian," I warn.

"What?" he asks innocently. Oh, Damian, you are far from innocent.

"Can you stop it? I'm trying to have a sleep in." He was ruining my sleep in and I was not happy. He was about to argue but I sent him a glare. He starts laughing. Why exactly was he laughing? What was so funny? "Why are you laughing?" I decide to ask him, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I find it hilarious that you're not a morning person," he says, still laughing away.

"I really am not a morning person. Honestly, I hate mornings," I laugh out.

"Well, there we go. We are learning so much about each other," he says, grinning at me. "You're not a morning person but I, oddly, happen to be! So come on, get yourself out of bed.

"But isn't it like, well, I don't know. What time is it?" He tells me it's just gone ten in the morning and I gasp. "It's so early!"

"Ten is not early, Kylie. Seriously, get out of bed." He was now standing at the edge of my bed with a wicked and mischievous smile on his face. Oh no. Next thing you know, Damian is pulling the duvet off of me with me screaming at him to give it back and that it was cold. Instead of feeling guilty, he was laughing his head off! I swear, he's so rude. "Come on, get up now." I groan out and internally cry. I sit up and get out of bed.

"Well, I'm out of bed now." I grin and then take my duvet back from him, throwing it onto my bed. I'll make it later. Instead of going out of my room or anything, I jump back on my bed and curl up to my duvet, wrapping it in my arms like it were a teddy bear.

"Are you for real? Can you please get up? You wanted us to try and get to know each other so come on, let's do this." I reluctantly agree to get out of bed and so I do, gathering some clothes so I could go and shower and get dressed in the bathroom.

Once I come out, I walk into the living room and am met with two unfamiliar faces. "Um, hi?" I greet with an uneasy look. Who are these people and where is Damian? Damian takes that exact moment to turn up and he spots me.

"Kylie, this is my friend Alex and..."

"Abigail," the girl replies with the roll of her eyes.

"Right, this is Abigail. She and Alex are engaged," Damian says. "I mean, seriously Alex, it's odd that you're actually engaged!" I make my way to the couch and sit beside Abigail since there was no other place to sit.

"Why is he shocked that you guys are engaged?" I decide to ask her quietly.

"Well, Alex wasn't exactly the type to have a girlfriend. He was kind of the bad boy in school but you know, we ended up getting together. We had a few bumps along the way but here we are, finally engaged. The shock is mainly because Alex, in high school, wasn't the type to settle down. He's much like Damian, actually," she says with a small laugh at the end of her little explanation.