The Restaurant

Phil

We took the underground to get to a fancy restaurant in downtown London. I didn't expect to be going to such a nice place. Feeling underdressed and self conscious, I nudged Dan's shoulder as we walked in.

"Dan, you didn't tell me we'd be going to a fancy restaurant! We're both dressed inappropriately." I whispered.

"Relax, Phil, its fine. We don't need to be fancy, it's not our style anyway. And whoever mocks us for dressing this way is a twat." He smiled at me, and I smiled back. God, I love his smile. The way his dimples show and his cheeks get all rosy, and his eyes scrunch up ever so slightly. I start to laugh as I notice his sad dimple.

"Are you laughing at my dimple again?" Dan asked.

"Maybe..." I reply.

"God damnit, Phil!" He laughed. "You're too cute sometimes."

I step closer too him and grab his hand. I still feel uncomfortable, but Dan makes it a hundred times better.

"Next." The host announced. Holding my hand tight, Dan leads me over to the host's stand.

"Table for two, preferably in the corner please" He said confidently. Damn, he's so hot when he acts like that; professional, manly, like he knows what he wants and has no intention of getting distracted. I mean, he's hot in general, but especially when he's as confident as he is now. I notice his eyes, his beautiful brown eyes that I just can't get over. I stare into them for a moment, letting them bring me out of reality. It's like-

"Phil! What the hell are you doing?!" I heard a yell from across the restaurant. I see Dan walking towards me, seeming rushed and embarrassed. What had I done?

"I'm so sorry, Miss. He didn't mean to do that." Dan took my hand off of something and held it in his. Still very confused, I look up to see a waitress standing in front of me, looking bloody pissed. Then I noticed the tall man behind her, whose face looked slightly red, and two children next to them, a girl and a boy. The girl was comforting who I assume is her brother, but why?

Dan started dragging me to the corner of the restaurant. He sat me in my seat and then sat in his.

"Phil, what the fuck were you doing?!" Dan whisper yelled.

"I don't even know what happened. I...I zoned out."

"Of course you did."

"What did I do that's so bad?"

"For some reason, you started pacing around yourself and elbowed that woman in the tit, stepped on the boy's foot, and smacked that man in the face! And you didn't fucking notice! If I hadn't gone to get you, you could've gotten us kicked out!"

"Oh." I mumbled. I looked down at the table, ashamed of what I had done.

"Oh? That's all you have to say?! Why don't you go say sorry to that poor family, or at least to me?! Can you not be a fuck up for once in your life, Phil?!"

He rendered us both speechless. I didn't know what to say, or think, or do. I looked up at Dan, who had tears in his eyes. I knew there was more emotion he put into that than the current incident. I decided to stand up, leave the restaurant, and go home. By myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The train ride home was one of the most depressing times of my life. I felt humiliated, like a disappointment. I sat thinking about what Dan must be doing right now. Surely he just went off to the bar to drink or something, like he always does. Although it would be nice if he chased after me like I would do for him.

Getting off the train, I start to walk the rest of the way home.

Except I don't go home.

I go to the bar.

Never in a million years would I normally  do this, but here I am, walking into that grungy old place. I didn't  think twice about it either. I just entered the building and stood at the doorway, looking at my feet.

"Can I help you, sir?" A familiar voice called.

"I don't know. I just need a beer."

"A beer? For Phil Lester? Damn, something's gotta be really wrong for you to get a beer rather than some fruity cocktail."

"PJ?" I look up and see one of my best friends cleaning a bottle with a rag. "I didn't know you work here."

"Yeah, I've been here a while. I'm surprised Dan hasn't told you yet, considering he's here so often."

"Oh, this is the place he comes to? I thought he went to the other place downtown."

"Nope, it's here alright. I see him every day between eight o'clock and midnight." There was an awkward silence for a moment. "So what brings you here, Phil?"

"I did something." I told him all about the restaurant and the incident with the family and how I just left the place.

"You got yourself in some deep shit, man." PJ commented. "But if you want to try and fix it, Dan's in the bathroom."

"He is? How the hell did he get here faster than I did?"

"He has his ways." He smirked. "He said he's leaving once he gets out, so you might wanna go now." PJ pointed to the bathrooms in the other side of the bar.

"Thanks, Peej." I waved as I ran to the bathroom. I took a deep breathe as I entered.

As I walked in, I saw two men making out against the wall.

"Dan!?" I yell. He turned to me, as did the other guy. I bit my tongue, trying not to cry.

"Oh shit." I heard Dan mumble. "Phil, let me expla-"

I ran out of the bathroom and exited the bar, letting the tears fall down my face. In 10 minutes, I was in my room, smashing all the pictures of us I had. Walking to my shelf, I moved some stuff to reveal a small, velvet covered box. I looked at the beautiful ring inside it and took it into my hand. Opening my window, I let more tears fall.

"I thought I fucking meant something to you!" I screamed, harder and louder than I've ever yelled before.

And I threw the ring out the window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading!!