4; latching

Justin's POV

It was 4am, and I'd just finished writing a song. My eyes where tear stained, since this song was kind of emotional. I'm a emotional guy ok. I figured, since I'm working on my 7th album ( wow. 7 albums. ) I would earn some time writing some songs to put on the album.

But now I was extremely exhausted, and my eyelids where heavy, so I leaned back and fell asleep.

----

I heard a long beeping sound, so I quickly opened my eyes. The beeping was long and loud. My heart sank to my stomach as I came to a realization of what the sound was. She was flatlining. My breathing became heavy and I ran towards the bed but wasn't able to. The door bursted open, with doctors running towards the bed and yelling medical things to each other, but I couldn't hear what they where saying because it was all muffled. All I could hear was the beeping and my own heavy heart beat

They saw me and a woman approached me "mr bieber, im going to have to ask to you to leave" she said, taking a hold of my arm, I tried fighting it but was, again, unable to. I felt tears start to burn in the back of my eyes as my heart was punctured when I saw her face. They where trying to revive her.

"Don't die on me, julia! Stay alive!" I tried screaming but it came out as a whisper. Now she wasn't in my eyesight because I was out in the hallway. I was still being dragged by the woman.

And then, suddenly, my eyes opened. I quickly sat up, terrified, breathing extremely heavy. I was in the room again. I looked over at julia, and she lied there. I quickly and clumsily ran towards her and kneeled down and wrapped my arms around her. I was crying.

"Thank god. Please never leave me, okay?" I said, as my voice cracked multiple times. "You're my angel. Stay alive...for me"

Even though it was a dream It felt so vivid. My heart was aching over a situation that hadn't even happened. But just the thought of the person who sacrificed her life just like that, like it was nothing, to save mine out of love broke me down.

I wiped under my eyes, drying my tears as I collected myself. I am a mess.

"I think you've latched yourself to my heart, julia" I whispered, slightly chuckling. I sniffed to stop my runny nose from all the crying. I stood up, and looked down at her and smiled. When I saw her, I saw the beautiful smile she flashed when I first met her that made my heart involuntarily stop. I've met a lot of fans throughout the years, but I've never met someone that's captivated my heart like this, and that is not just because she took the bullet for me. This is something else.

I was snapped out of my mind when my phone started ringing. I walked over to the table where It laid and picked it up. It was mom.

I was kind of confused. We hasn't talked since like last year. I swiped to the left and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Mom?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Justin! I'm so glad you answered" she said, and sounded really relieved. "Are you okay?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting down in the sofa.

"The accident, the girl.." she said, and I was beyond confused. How does she know?? I decided not to question since it was kind of obvious the more I thought about it.

"Yeah no I'm fine, and she is too - well, she will be, hopefully" I explained, as I heard her lightly gasp.

"I'm in town, and I wanna check if it's okay that i come visit you" she asked politely

"I'm not leaving the hospital until she wakes up, so the only way we could meet is if you come here" I said.

"Yeah, sure" she said quickly. I gave her the instructions on how to get here, and soon enough, she was here. I opened the door and hugged Her. I needed that.

"It's been too long" she said. I nodded. We entered the room and her expression fell when she saw julia.

"This is julia" I introduced her.

Mom went to sit in the chair I previously sat in, and took her hand in hers as she slightly gasped. "she's so cold"  she started rubbing her thumb against Julia's hand, in hopes that she'll warm up just a little bit. "My dear, thank you. I know you can't hear this, but you saved the life of my son by sacrificing your own which is the  bravest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. You really have a heart of gold. You'll never know how grateful I am. you're my priority of my prayers, and when you wake up I will be able to tell you this in real life so you'll know, but until then, I want to thank you for now"

I was slightly tearing up, and so was mom. I could hear it in her voice. She stood up and walked towards me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay" she said, muffled by my shoulder. "You smell weird"

"Well aren't you great at keeping the moment?" I asked, slightly chuckled as she did too, pulling away. "I have used this outfit for like 3 days, maybe that's why"

"Don't you have any spare clothes with you?" She asked, as I shook my head. "I can go get some if you want to"

"Yes, I'd appreciate that" I nodded. "And while you're at it, could you go get Todd? He's home with the 'dogsitter'. Esther and Phil are with dad and the kids"

"Of course" she nodded, and took up her bag. We said our goodbyes and she  left