2; waiting section

Justin's POV

I was sitting in the waiting section of the hospital with my face in my hands and breathing heavily. All I knew about her was that her name was julia Williams, that she's 22 and that she was the bravest person I've ever met. The doctors said that the bullet had missed all her organs ( which is great news ) but it got lodged in the right part of her chest and it's a miracle she didn't die. But, they have to cut the bullet out of her and there's a chance that she can die through the operation due to the blood loss and now I was here. Waiting.

Suddenly the door forcefully opened and hit the wall, and I was brought out of my thoughts. I turned my head and a Middle aged woman, in her early 40's. her eyes where puffy, probably from crying.

"Hi I'm Heather Williams" She said. She sounded very choked up. Wait...hold on...Williams

I quickly got off the seats and jogged over to her. She turned her head and furrowed her eyebrows and gasped

"You're...Justin b-bieber" she said "my daughter is your biggest fan"

"Mrs Williams, I'm here for her too" I said. She furrowed her eyebrows probably beyond confused. "I'll have to explain everything to you"

"But-" she said, beyond confused. I started walking and sat down where I've been sitting previously. "S-She was..shot?"

I nodded. "She and her friends where meeting me and there was a car driving past and she must've noticed cause she jumped in front of me and-"

"She took the bullet" she finalized my sentence. I nodded and pursed my lips. Her lips quivered and she started instantaneously crying. She breathed in and knitted together her eyebrows and looked up "is she..?"

"She's in surgery as of now. The bullet had missed all organs, now they're getting it out. She had lost a immense amount of blood during the drive here, so if the operation continues without a lot more blood loss, they said, that she'd be okay" I explained as she nodded and let another tear fall.

"Well, let's hope for the best" she breathed out. I nodded and smiled. "How long have you been waiting here?"

"Ever since we arrived at the hospital...so maybe a hour" I said and she nodded

"Well, you know how LA traffic is I presume. I couldn't get here earlier" she said, shaking her head. She looked at me and took my hands in hers. "Justin?"

"Hm?" I hummed, looking at her. A single tear dropped from her eyes and she weakly smiled.

"Thank you. For staying here. For caring. It means the world, and even if she doesn't know you're here, she still is freaking out" she chuckled and sniffled and I smiled

-----

**8 hours later ( 4am )

Julia's sister, Melissa, flew in from New York as soon as she could and had just arrived. She was beyond confused when she saw me, about the same reaction I got from Julia's mom, but we explained the situation and she understood. Heather, Julia's mom, and I have been on edge the whole time we've been there and we haven't been able to sleep at all. We hadn't gotten any news from the doctors yet and we didn't want to risk sleeping.

until now

"Mrs heather Williams?" A woman announced as we all stood up extremely quickly and practically ran towards her. The woman seemed happy. "Good and bad news" we all slightly breathed in. "She's alive" she began, as we all breathed out in relief as Julia's mother and sister started crying. My heart started pounding in my chest. "and the bullet has been extracted from her chest

"What's the bad news?" I asked

She pursed her lips "when she was shot she fell and hit her head which had lead to some severe swelling in the brain. that swelling had pushed the brain down on the brain stem, which  damaged the RAS, Reticular Activating System, which is a part of the brain that's responsible for arousal and awareness, so she's as of now in a coma" she said. My heart dropped again "and since the missile punctured a small part of the intestine, we will have to clean out the excess dirt or other particles from the missile. But when she wakes up, she'll be - hopefully - in  stable health"

"Can we see her?" Julia's mom asked just above a whisper. She sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

The doctor smiled weakly, feeling pity. She nodded "follow me"

---

After a lot of insisting, I upgraded julia to a hospital suite for privacy and payed for the rest of the medical bills. It's the least I could do.

"Justin, it's been wonderful to meet you. I want to thank you again for everything. You're welcome to be in here with her how much you want, cause that's what she would've wanted. I have a extremely important meeting tomorrow, but I'll be back at noon" Julia's mom said and I smiled and nodded. We stood up and I hugged her and Julia's sister goodbye.

Julia's sister went with heather cause she was both jet lagged and exhausted. And so was I, but I wasn't leaving. I was gonna stay by her side through everything, since that's exactly what she's done to me. I walked up to her, and smiled as I saw her. I leaned in and kissed her forehead. "You risked your own life for mine and I'll never know how i will ever thank you" I said just above a whisper, as my voice cracked several times since I was getting really choked up. "Goodnight"

------

:,,,,,))))))))))))))))
my heart

btw, if u wanna see what Julia's mom & sister look like, the mom is played by Jessica alba and her sister is played by Emmy Rossum.
ps. The only thing Ariana and julia have in common is personality & appearance. Basically, think of this as Ariana acting as julia

I LOVE YOU ALL!!