date a writer

Don't know where i'm going or what i'm doing but at least i'm still writing
much love
M

Hold on/SBTRKT

My dear,
Date a writer.

Date a writer and you'll simply never die. You'll live and breathe in the numerous pages of notebooks adorning their shelves, their notes, their characters.

You'll live different lives in exciting universes as different people or maybe as yourself. You'll live in their imagination as they'll recall the exact way your face looked during the golden hour and how the light made your eyes shine more.

They'll remember your smallest movements and your little quirks and the little veins on your eyelids when you close them and they'll describe them beautifully, as flowers.

Date a writer to make you feel beautiful and loved for they'll worship your every moment. They'll compare your eyes to the most beautiful ocean and your freckles to the most rare constellations. Every part of you will be art to them and they'll express it through more art. They'll make you see your flaws through different eyes, eyes full of love and adoration. They'll make you love yourself.

If anything, date a writer just to break their heart.

Bring the tragedy in their life and watch them transform you into their darkest and most vicious demons. Breathe life into their nightmares and their melancholy, make them see eye to eye with evil.

If you ever get the chance, please, please, date a writer cause I never wanna see you die.

Date a writer so they can have the same privilege I have, to see you and get inspired by you. To write down the way your features, sharp and prominent, look when shadows are cast on them.

Date a writer so they can compare your eyes to black coffee and your inked body to a canvas, the same way I do but then hide away.

Date a writer and ruin them, much like you ruin me, because you're so unreachable and cold when you want to be. Because you shut everyone out when you're sad and build tall walls around you. Let them write on them.

Just don't let a writer fall in love with you and don't love them back.
We ache more than you think.

Yours,
S