Chapter 4- Partner

"What's that?" Kendall asked poking at my things. I finally got annoyed.

"Leave it alone." I said. I flipped through the pages of the textbook. Kendall began to jumble through more of my stuff. "Seriously, stop." Kendall glanced at me. "What am i doing?"

"Going through my stuff." I said. He glared at me. "So?" He said. "Stop being so nosy!" I said. "Mary?" A voice came from downstairs. My mom is finally home, yes!!

"Wait here." I said. I ran down the stairs and face planted on the bottom. "Easy there tiger." My mom said with a giggle. I smiled. "Hey mom." I said brushing my self off.

I love my mom. She's the best. Been there for me since I was 4 years old. My dad walked out on her, when I was 4,which made her depressed for the longest time. We went through hard times for awhile, til she got a job as a cashier at Wal-Mart. We still continue to try to get through.

We aren't rich, but still have money to make it on. "So, how's school?" She asked while putting grocery bags on the counter.

I shrugged. "Eh." I said. I hear tumbling down the stairs. I looked down to see Kendall, his face on the carpet. "We're you ease dropping on me?" I asked. He looked at me and smirked. "Maybe." He replied.

"Oh, now who's this?" Mom asked. I forced a laugh. "Well, uh, my science partner." I replied. She smiled. "Hello." She said. Kendall got up and brushed his self off. "Hey." He said. Wow so impolite.

Mom faked smiled. "Okay then...I'm going to make dinner." She said, shuffling out of the room. As soon as she was out of the room, I shot Kendall a glare. "I told you to stay in the room." I said.he shrugged. "I think I have to go anyways." He said opening the door to leave. We didn't to get to start on the project though.

I was relieved when he did leave though. I plopped on the couch. "Shoo." I said, wiping my forehead. "Wow." Mom came in there and said. I smiled. "Uh, yeah." I said.

"He's...nice." She said. I nodded. "Stuck with him for my partner."

Mom just laughed then slapped me on the back. "Weelllll." She said. I smiled.

"Let's hope I can get rid soon enough." I said. We both sat there and laughed.

___________________________________________________________________

Thanks guys for reading my book!! I appreciate it!! Please continue to read and more chapters will be on the way, it just takes me time to write plus I'm working on another story.

Follow, vote, read!!