Chapter 26-Confession is good for the soul

They were all back in the interview room once again with Colleen's solicitor by her side. Her solicitor was made aware by Ds Shields that his client wished to make a confession.. He kind of hoped that she was innocent as from first appearances he actually liked her and thought she was a good person.

Her Solicitor Liam Zane grabbed her arm gently. "Are you sure you want to do this?."

Colleen smiled confidently and nodded in reply.

Liam looked  at her worriedly not at all confident where this was going. He looked at the officers. "Perhaps it would be best if you could give me and my client a few minutes alone?."

Ds Shields nodded and prepare to leave until out of nowhere a frustrated Colleen yells. "No!.. I am of sound mind and I want to tell the truth now."

She turns to look at her solicitor. "It's your job to listen to your clients so if you stop me again then you're fired!."

Liam sighed and nodded at the officers. "My Client would like to continue it seems..."

Ds Shields nodded. "In that case then you'd better continue." He pressed several buttons on the recorder and began proceedings. "Here present are myself Ds Shields, Mr Liam Zane who is a solicitor and of course Mr Zane's client Colleen Chambers."

He emptied his throat. "Now Mrs Chambers, What is it that you would like to tell us?."

She looked at him sadly, Her eyes racked with guilt. "I did what you think I did.. I killed him I killed my husband Lyle Chambers..So just charge me and get this over with."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That fateful day

A man called Simon Cranium was out walking his dog when he saw Coleen dump the body full of stones into the canal. He shhed his dog in an attempt to keep him quiet. "Shh.. There's a good boy.  He stroked his dog and gave him a biscuit treat from his pocket.

He looked back at the canal and checked to see if Colleen had gone. He noticed that she was and pulled the dogs lead toward a bench nearby. He tied the dog to the bench and tuck off his jacket.

He took a deep breath and jumped into the water to save Lyle.

A few hours later

He woke up and groaned groggily."That stupid bitch thinks she got the better of me then she's wrong.. There will be payback massively."

Simon spoke to him softly. "Relax..I've only just managed to stop the bleeding.."

Lyle frowned and looked around his surroundings and noticed he was in a living room of someone's house. He felt something drop on his face and realised it was Drool because a dog was standing over him.

Lyle stared at the dog in horror and watched as Simon told his dog off. "Rufus!!..You naughty dog go over there and let the man rest.." He threw a dog toy that was lying nearby straight over the other side of the room and then turned his attention back to Lyle. "I'm sorry, He can be a right pain at times."

Lyle smiled nervously wondering who this guy was and if he was dangerous or not. "Who are you?."

Simon smiled and brushed his fringe out of his face. "I'm Simon Cranium.. Well Doctor Simon Cranium.. Well technically I'm a junior doctor..Which is why we need to get you to hospital."

Lyle sat up with a groan. "No..Bad idea, She might be back for me and try to kill me again."

Simon laughed half heartedly. "Actually I don't think you will see her at least not for a while..."

Lyle frowned. "What on earth do you mean?."

Simon grabbed the remote and switched on the telly to the news.

"A young woman named Colleen Chambers has been arrested on suspicion of murder of husband Lyle Chambers.. Lyle's girlfriend Skylar is understandably distraught at the idea Lyle could be dead here she is giving us a small statement."

Skylar stepped forward in tears. "I hope it isn't true.. I hope he isn't dead and he's just missing and hopefully just maybe he's alive somewhere...Lyle if you're listening to this please, please come home for the sake of your son."

The reporter nodded her thanks and turned back to the screen. "The couple Colleen and Lyle chambers have a son who is now in emergency foster care but if Lyle is not found soon then the boy could soon be fostered permanently and left in the care system as he has no other family."