Chapter 20

She looked at her solicitor blinking nervously. In her mind she really didn't want to relive it all over again but she had to if she had any chance of seeing her son again.

"I met my ex Lyle Chambers when we were in college... He treated me appallingly so I told everyone he raped me and that he was a criminal where he was shoplifting all the time."

Liam nodded understanding. "And.. Was that true?"

Colleen put her face in her hands. "No.. It was kind of revenge in a way.. But in the end I forgave him."

Liam smiled "it's okay I'm not judging you.. What happened next?"."

Colleen empties her throat to continue. "A few years later we had a son together and things were good or so I thought.."

Colleen took a huge breath. "You see.. He betrayed me with my best friend and that's where things went wrong from there."

Liam nodded. "You argued?."

Colleen nodded. "Yes.. All couples do that right?.."

Liam nodded. "That they do.."

Colleen sighed "I kicked him out and told him he would never see his son again..I guess that was true enough."

Liam put his hand on her arm to comfort her. "You couldn't have known what was going to happen."

Colleen shrugs. "Maybe your right.. Anyways a little while later I got a visit from my ex-best friend."

Liam smiled. "What did she say?."

Colleen rolls her eyes at the memory. "That she was sorry and she fell in love with him and she wanted to still be friends with me.."

Liam looked at her in shock. "Wow.. "

Colleen grinned nervously. "Yeah.. I told her that she couldn't have both and threw her out of my house."

She continues getting quite brave now. "A few days later Lyle came asking to see his son but I refused and so we argued. He left and that was the last time I saw him."