TWENTY-FOUR

Melanie's POV

I wake up with an arm around my waist. What? I slowly open my eyes, being slightly blinded by the sunshine shining through the window, I turn to my left and see a shirtless Dylan with his arm still around me, snuggled into my second pillow. Only then do I realise that I told him he can sleep on my bed with me because I thought it'd be rude to leave him on the couch when I have a king size bed.

I try to not wake him up by not moving too much, I grab my phone from my night stand and unplug it from my charger. By the time I unplug my phone, Dylan grunts a couple of times and removes his arm from around my waist. I look to my left and see him leaning his head on the headboard of my bed, already smirking. I swear, god gave him a smirk instead of a smile.I roll my eyes and start entering my pin to my phone.

Suddenly, the door bursts opens and my mom comes into the view and freezes on the spot still holding onto the door handle. "I swear it's not what it looks like" I say in a monotone trying to sound as cool about it as possible. Not that anything happened, but she doesn't know that and knowing Dylan and his reputation, it's not likely he'd sleep in someone's bed without actually sleeping with them, but she doesn't know that either.

Without a word she just slowly closes the door, probably processing what she just saw and leaves. Meanwhile I look at Dylan and see his smirk turn into a smile, "Don't start" I warn him pointing my index finger at him, getting off from the bed and into the bathroom. Before I get to leave, he starts laughing, "I'm not doing anything" I roll my eyes and make my way to the bathroom without looking back.

After brushing my teeth, hair and washed my faced I came out and saw Dylan still leaning his head against the headboard of my bed, he hasn't even moved a tiny bit, I take it he's not a morning person. In about three minutes my mum knocks on my door before coming into my room again to tell us we're really late for school and that's when I realised we have school trip that Miss Williams organised because last time Dylan and his delinquents were breaking the rules and messing about, instead of going to the museum we went to the theme park so now as our punishment the whole class has to go to the museum again because apparently it's educational and to be quite honest, I'm excited.

I look at the time that reads 9.45am. I squeal in horror, jumping towards Dylan to pull him out of the bed, noticing he's only in his underwear. My eyes trail up and down his almost naked body, when I realise what I'm doing I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts in my head and throw his clothes right into his arms. I avert my eyes away allowing him to put his clothes back on as I walk down to the bathroom again, this time to actually get dressed.

Since it's a nice day, I picked out a pair of denim light blue shorts with a white vest and a flowery blouse over it, since we're going to the museum I expect it to be a bit colder than outside and I'll match the outfit with my light blue headband and white vans. What am I going to do with my hair? I don't know yet. I might put my hair into a messy ponytail or just leave it out, we'll see.

I come back from the bathroom and see Dylan giving me a once over making me blush a tiny bit, of coouuuuurse I didn't dress nice for him. Ha bullshit. Stop it brain. He wolf whistles at me as soon as I get close enough to him and tries to hug me but instead I give him the last toothbrush from my five-pack and he rolls his eyes as he makes his way down to the bathroom.

-

After arriving to the museum an hour late, we talked to the receptionist but he didn't want to let us in, saying he wanted some proof that we are on a school trip, Dylan tried handling it because he tried talking it out with him "like a man" but lets just say he failed so I had to take over and use my persuasive skills or innocence shall we say to prove him otherwise.