eleven » betrayal

Start bij het begin

Heading up the stairs, I pushed past the Commander's 'henchmen' and straight towards her. I forced myself in front of her, preventing her from going to her tent. She raised an eyebrow, surprised at my abruptness probably. 

"Heda-"

"It's okay," she cut Indra off, waving her hand in the air. "I'll meet you in my tent."

Reluctantly, the other grounders left the Commander and I alone, standing in the middle of deserted Tondc camp. I clenched my fists by my side as I breathed deeply through my nose, trying to contain my anger and prevent myself from doing something stupid.

"You know it wasn't them," I told her with a calmer voice than I thought I would have. "You know they only want your help. They would have no need to hurt you."

She heard me out, to my surprise, before licking her lips and looking at me with a raised chin. "You have only known these people for a small amount of time, Y/N. You shouldn't let your trust fall in their hands so easily. They are the only valid reason for the poison, and I know you are smart, so you know this, too."

I knew she was right. But I still refused to believe her words. They wouldn't do this. Something wasn't right, and I was determined to find out what it was.

"What are you planning on doing?" I asked, fearing her response. "With Raven, I mean? Even if it was the Sky People, I trust her. I know she would never do this."

At the mention of the mechanic, her jaw tensed slightly and she pursed her lips. "I don't care what you believe, Y/N. The evidence is there. It doesn't matter who she is. She gets the punishment she deserves."

I furrowed my eyebrows, but before I could ask her about that, she pushed past me and continued her way to her tent. I followed her, walking fast in order to catch up with her.

"What does that mean?" I questioned sternly, only to be ignored. "Commander! What does that mean?! You can't hurt Raven. She is innocent!"

During the walk to her tent, I was ignored and growing angrier by the second. However, when we reached their, she ordered a guard to keep me inside the tent, and ordered everybody else to wait outside. I tried to pull myself from the guard's grip, but he was too strong. 

"What are you doing?! Let me go!" I shouted to both the Commander and the guard. 

The Commander merely stood before me, an apologetic look on her face as if she actually felt bad for doing what she was, but I was disgusted. She was heartless. She felt nothing. 

"I'm sorry, but you will only be in the way, Y/N," she said regretfully, making me widen my eyes. "I need you to be safe. They may try and hurt you next."

She turned around and I watched her back retreat away from me and out the flaps of the tent doors. 

"But it wasn't them!" I shouted at her, trying to pull away from the grounder's grip. "They didn't do anything!"

It was no use, though. She was gone, and I could only imagine what pain she would put Raven through. Just imagining that hurt me inside. Raven had been through enough; she didn't deserve this! 

I ended up staying in the tent with the intimidating grounder for the following five minutes, the nameless stranger guarding the exit and watching me with a close eye. I could hear the sound of a noisy crowd outside, and I perked up, wondering what was going on. Only when I heard the excruciatingly pained scream of a girl did my heart speed up. That was Raven. I needed to get to her.

"Ow!" I shouted suddenly, clutching my head, hoping it would grab my guard's attention. 

It certainly did as I watched him come closer to me, a concerned look on his face. "What is it?" he asked shakily, obviously not wanting to upset the Commander by leaving me in pain.