eleven » betrayal

Start from the beginning

Her supposedly inspirational speech was cut short when Gustus collapsed onto the ground into a fit of coughs. Immediately, everybody stepped back but the few grounders that went to help him. Wide eyes were staring between the grounder sprawled on the ground and the Sky People who seemed as worried as anybody else. Shouts of protest and accusations were thrown around, everybody accusing the Sky People of attempting to poison the Commander.

"This wasn't us! You have to know this wasn't us!" Clarke raised her voice, trying to defend her people whilst simultaneously fighting her way out of the grip of the grounder that was holding her down, along with the rest of their people.

My eyes scanned the room in a hurry, unable to fully comprehend the situation before me. The grounders were preventing the Sky People from leaving, and the Sky People weren't having it as they tried to break free from their assailants. 

"Sou nou teik em wan op! (Don't let him die!)" the Commander shouted to the grounder who was checking on Gustus, completely ignoring Clarke and instead watching her guard struggle to breathe properly. 

"Gon yo we! Pad demo daun! (Everybody out! Search them!)" Indra exclaimed angrily, her eyes glaring at anyone who dared make eye contact. 

The grounders began touching and patting down the Sky People, angering the latter and also myself. This wasn't right, I knew these people! They wouldn't dare pull something like this!

"No! No, we didn't do this!" Clarke yelled, but it faltered when she tried to escape the grounder's arms.

The Commander glared daggers at Clarke, her hand itching to touch her sword as I saw it twitching on the hilt of her sheathed sword. "Gustus warned me about you, but I didn't believe him."

"No!" I shouted, finally discovering my voice and putting it to use. I pulled the Commander's arm and forced her to look at me. I was met with her fiery green eyes and a clenched jaw. "This wasn't them! They wouldn't do this! They wanted peace-"

"Heda!" 

Everybody stopped and looked the way of the grounder that had just called for the Commander. It was Gustus, and he had some sort of vial in his hands, holding it high for everybody to see. However, I was more focused on the person next to him... 

"That's not mine!" Raven shouted angrily, glaring at the grounder beside her. 

Ignoring her protest, the grounder looked to his leader, saying, "This was in her coat."

"I'm telling you it's not mine! He put it there when he searched me!" Raven tried to defend herself, and I saw her eyes show the fear I never wanted to see. 

Everybody looked to the Commander, awaiting her next word. I looked to her, my arm still resting on her arm from before. She looked to me, her gaze stone cold and her expression remaining emotionless. I frowned, shaking my head, hoping she would believe my word. She had to know I was telling the truth.

"No Sky Person leaves this room!" she suddenly said, making everybody jump into action and prevent the Sky People from leaving, causing absolute chaos to occur.

"Commander!" I shouted angrily, feeling myself clench my jaw as I watched her begin to walk away. 

She stopped walking and looked at me, her eyes narrowed to slits. "Follow me, Y/N. Now."

I cocked my head to the side challengingly, but she only turned around and continued her way to the exit. Her guards followed, along with a still-coughing Gustus, and I found myself doing the same, knowing I would only be in trouble if I didn't. On my way out, I searched for Raven, only to meet her watery eyes. It hurt me to see her look like that, and I silently promised that I would make things right. She got the hint and nodded in acknowledgment, before I felt myself being shoved through the door by somebody behind me.