"I guess it is a possibility that he may be gay." I replied playing the hypocrite.

"You think so?" Adena asked me.

"I really don't know, I'm just saying anything is possible right? It's either that or maybe he just doesn't see you that way." I said to her.

I didn't even know why I was beating about the bush with her. I should just tell her the truth and over with it but instead I found it would sound a bit too harsh or cruel.

"I've thought about that too." She said sighing. "But could you find out for me?"

"What?" I asked surprised.

"Could you find out for me if he likes me or not? Please Amy." She pleaded as I tried to object.

"Okay, fine. I'll find out." I replied to her.

"Thank you." she smiled at me "So, are you looking something to impress the boyfriend?"

"No, I'm actually looking for something to impress myself." I said to her "I just really like to feel sexy."

"I know what you mean girl." She chuckled.

***
"Mom are you sure you're totally okay now after what happened today?" I asked her again for like the hundredth time.

"Yes Amy, I said I'm finally fine. I got to tell the bastard my mind and slap him on top of it. My only regret is that I only got to slap him once." Mom said as she finished rinsing the pot she was scrubbing furiously.

"I just think things are going to get a whole lot more crazy, now that he knows." I said to her. "For one, he's going to be seeking answers and if he isn't able to get them from you, he's definitely going to corner me at work."

"Well you work at a bar you shouldn't have much worry. Just throw some liquor in his eyes and you'll get rid of him." Mom said.

"Mom, I'm sure you could do that and he'd take it but if I do that isn't it going to be considered as... I don't know rude, disrespectful?"

"Amy, you don't owe him shit. Especially not respect, it's not something he deserves." Mom said to me.

Okay, mom was definitely still mad. She was swearing and fuming so much she couldn't deny it anymore.

"Do you think you'll ever be able to you know forgive him?" I asked curiously.

"I really cannot give you a concrete answer right now. I'm still so hurt and upset. It has been twenty two years and I thought that I'd be over it but today just... it just felt like it was something that happened recently." Mom confessed. "Even if I do forgive him, it won't be now. But if you want to deal with him, I won't try to stop you or anything."

"Mom..."

"No, I'm serious Amy. He is already your father and although it's his fault why you've missed out on growing up with a Dad, if he wants to not be a bigger jerk and be apart of your life, I won't come between you."

"I know he was a jerk, I don't know about now since he seem to regret things but if he do want to be apart of my life, he's going to have to at least give me a really good reason why he did what he did to you." I said to her. "There's no way I can just let him off the hook that easy. "

"I just want to forget about Marcos for tonight like I've done for the past years. I've only ever unfortunately been with the wrong guys." Mom said with a yawn. " I'm just sick of them all."

"I understand what you mean." I said to her noticing that she let out a yawn again. "You seem tired...I should probably go."

"No, you can stay. I'm just a little..." Mom tried to find an excuse.