Chapter 39

I practically ran out of there after grabbing my things. I just couldn't stick around much longer after what I had just discovered. I mean how could I not have suspected this before? Mom had told me how she met my father and what happened. And then Marcos kept saying I reminded him of someone and almost told me the exact story mom did-of course he left out some of the details but still. And then he accidentally called me Marie and told me he had met her in Barbados? What more convincing do I need to see or hear to figure out that Marcos Rinaldo was actually my father?  Which meant that Carter and that Adana girl were my half siblings.

That simply meant that when Marcos met my mom back in Barbados, he wasn't only married but also had a son and a baby on the way or conceived months after. What kind of heartless jerk did something like that? How could you be married to one woman and have a kid, then visit another country only to have an affair and lead on another young and clueless girl? I doubt that I was wrong with my discovery or if everything was only a big misunderstanding but I still needed to get a confirmation from mom about it all.

I really hoped Lucas hadn't decided that he was going to act like a jerk once again and be mad when he got home- since I practically ran out of there and disappeared before my shift was over. I had to get away though. After my new discovery, I honestly had no idea how else I would react towards Marcos or even Carter and his sister. To think that I had discovered who my dad was after 22years and also that I had siblings, it was a bit too much for me to handle all at once. First I got rescued from being sold into a terrible life, then when I got my first real boyfriend- I had witnessed him being killed, then I had eventually found my maternal side of family and then I found out who my father was and that I had siblings? Even more, they were linked to the mafia as well?
It was a bit too much for me to handle.

"Mom! Are you in here?" I called as I entered the living room of her apartment which I now had a key to. "Mom, are you up?"

"Amy? Is that you?" I heard mom called back from her bedroom which I then made my way to.

Mom was in her bed with the floral bed cover covering her lower waist areas and a book on her lap as she looked up to me.

"Sweetie, hi. You surprised me. What are you doing here now?  I thought you were working a late shift." Mom said to me before looking over to the clock on her bedside table. "Oh? It's just 10:34pm?"

"I got off a bit earlier tonight, wasn't feeling so well." I told her as I went towards her bed and sat on the edge. "I thought you were sleeping."

"No, I wasn't quite sleepy yet so I figured I'd try to get some more idea from this book." Mom said holding the book up.

"Oh, it's a recipe book. Why am I not surprise?" I smiled before sighing out loud.

"Hey, what's up? Are you okay?" Mom asked as she put the book aside and scooted closer to me.

"Mom... I don't know but.. I just... I don't know how to feel..." I started rambling.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Mom asked me.

"Marcos Rinaldo." I sighed before looking at her.

The expression on her face at hearing the name said it all.

"Amy, where did you hear that name?" Mom asked after a while with a slightly pained voice.

"Is he...my father?" I asked her instead of answering her question.

"Amy I.... Yes." Mom whispered while nodding. "Who told you his name?"

"We've met...more than once. And then we had a small conversation tonight while I made a drink for him at the club." I told her.