CHAPTER 27 - The game ends now

Start from the beginning

He looked at me in disbelief. I twisted the knife. "How the fuck do I get out? If you don't tell me I'll keep twisting and digging into your leg until it passes through the other side. Don't fuck with me."

I removed my hand from his mouth and twisted the knife. "Turn right, back door." He groaned in pain.

"Okay." I smiled.

Quickly removed the knife, and trying to head towards the door the man tried grabbing me and I pierced the knife through his stomach. He quickly tried to grab onto anything he could before he hit the floor. I grabbed the rag and put it near his nose. That should buy me some time before he wakes up and tells someone. I grabbed the chloroform and opened the door making a right turn. Slowly walking against the wall I saw a back door but I needed a damn key card to unlock it.

"Fuck." I said to myself.

I slowly turned back towards the room quickly checking the man's pocket. He had it. I quickly ran back towards the exit and scanned the card.

The bolts unlocked, I pushed the door and ran out.

With Fresh Air, I can finally breathe correctly. All I can see were trees but it was pitch dark. I quickly started speed walking towards the trees walking as fast as my legs can take me. Feeling weak but determined to get back home. I saw a main road. No cars. 'Great' i thought to myself. I walked and walked. Feeling tired.

"Well, this is it, Emma. You don't know the time, you're thirsty, you hungry, and you're about to pass out. I think this is it for me and you Valarie. I just pray that if I don't make it. God keeps you here with your Daddy" I spoke to my daughter rubbing my stomach.

As I was ready to die a car came by. The lights were bright and I fell feeling dizzy.

"Hey, sweetheart. Are you okay?" That's all I can hear.

I slightly opened my eyes seeing an elderly woman trying her hardest to wake me up.

"Oh darling, please wake up. Do you need to go to the hospital?" Running towards her car, giving me a sip of cold bottled water.

I drank it, Feeling grateful for this woman. "T-thank you." I gasped.

"Are you okay?" She asked picking me up and walking me towards the passenger side.

She quickly walked around the car towards the driver's side, putting the car into Drive.

"Please do you have a cell phone I can use?" I asked with a weak voice.

"Yes." She reached for her back pocket and passed me her cell phone. I quickly dialed Mason's number.

"Harris Speaking." He answered. The relief I felt hearing his voice. "Hello!" He said again.

"Mason!" I said crying.

"Emma!" He sounded concerned "Where are you?"

"I don't know! This nice elderly lady helped me on the road because I escaped and she's driving and I'm scared---" Talking real fast Mason cut me off.

"S-shh! Baby. It's okay, calm down. I'm happy that you are safe that's all that matters. Ask that woman what road are you on?"