Chapter Eleven- Dark Desires

Vampire Slayer

1.      A human who kills vampires.

2.      Impossible. There is no way to kill a vampire.

I've never wanted to murder as much as I did today. I wanted to see Tyson gone. I wanted to kill a vampire.

Every time my mind slipped, I kept thinking about last night, at the party. Tyson's hands on mine. Tyson's eyes like candlelight. Xiang Long. Tyson. Ty. And, last night, was so, so, so, so nice.

I thought he understood me. He almost seemed human.

But now... Everything had exploded.

I wandered upstairs and I could hear Nam Ha in the twins' room, yelling at them. Nam Ha's voice was thick and strong and fierce and thick.

"You should've hidden yourself better!" Nam Ha shrieked. "Why did you get a job? Tyson probably tracked you down because you used your real name, you idiots!"

"We've always wanted to make a name for ourselves! And we finally had some chance to do some good!" Leyla shrieked back.

Natalia shrieked, "And if your paranoid ideas are so good, then why did you get kidnapped first? Bitch!"

Nam Ha's screeching voice came out even louder. She reverted to Vietnamese. "Bạn không hiểu. Bây giờ bạn đang ở đây, bạn sẽ không bao giờ thoát khỏi anh ta."

"What the hell are you saying?" Natalia shrieked, louder.

I knew what Nam Ha was saying. I knew Vietnamese enough to translate it inside my head.

You don't understand. Now that you're here, you'll never escape him.

Then, Natalia and Leyla started yelling at each other in Hungarian. Nam Ha kept arguing, arguing, and arguing.

I still had a hangover. Their loud shrieks hurt my ears. I heard a phantom buzzing sound coming from nowhere.

I couldn't go back downstairs. I couldn't bear to see Aubrey's smug half-smile, like she was glad that we'd gotten re-kidnapped.

I opened one of the doors and Sasha was crouched near the bed, praying. Her eyes were closed. She was mouthing out the prayers frantically, like the whole world was dying.

I shut the door again. I was shaking so hard.

This was all my fault. It was all my fault. It was all my fault!!!

Why did I let myself get manic? When I didn't take my meds, I was so delusional... I convinced myself that Tyson was obsessed with me. And I decided to use it.

And I had Tyson beat up Paul for me. Oh, Jesus.

Nam Ha and the twins were still arguing. I covered my ears and ran out of the room. I nearly smacked into Hayden's chest.

"I hope Tyson's gone for a while," Hayden said.

"I-I-I-I-I..." I said, unable to get the words out.