Five

It's been 48 hours since Carol and I decided we'd be moving into her spare bedroom of the house. We picked up paint, new curtains, and so many things for the bedroom and bathroom. Carol seems more excited then I am, I can't get my mind off Gage, he's probably so lonely waiting for Lilly and I to come to the library .

"Hey aunt Carol?" I said putting up some of my things.

"Yes dear?"

"Do you think we could head to Kansas soon? To go get all my things, and check on a little boy I met at work." I asked facing Carol.

"Of course sweetie! We can go whenever you want, we can rent a U-Haul and I'll follow you to your house. Or we can forget all the furniture and we can buy you all new stuff!" Carol said excitedly.

I nodded smiling, I don't care about any of the stuff in that house anyways. All of my pictures were burned in the fire during the attack, all I really have anymore is my car and Lilly.

"We have Carol too." 

"Viola?"

"Yes. I'm here."

I smiled as a tear fell down my face, it's been almost 6 months since I've heard any sound from my wolf. I thought I lost her.

"What's wrong Avery? Are you okay? Should we slow down?"  Carol asked quickly pulling me into a hug.

"No, I'm okay. It's just Viola."

"Oh sweetie, is she okay?" Carol asked holding me close.

"Yes. She's here with us, she spoke to me!" I squealed as tears fell from my face.

Carol smiled real big, pulled me in for a tight hug, and let me sit with my thoughts. I can't believe she's back, I thought I'd never hear my wolf again. I gave up hope, I thought Ric would bring her back, but all he did was torture us.

"Avery, where are we?" 

"Aunt Carol's. We're moving in with her, is that okay?" I asked Viola softly.

"Oh, I'm so excited! Can we go on more runs? Pretty please, that felt so good!" Viola howled happily.

"Of course Vi, I missed you. Where'd you go?"

"I thought he was our mate. I'm so sorry Avery, I'm not strong enough to admit it, I loved him. Zach, remember his wolf? He played me, us.. I'm sorry I let us get hurt."  Viola cried.

Zach fooled us. I do remember how that went, it isn't Viola's fault we got our hearts broken. Ric always told me his wolf felt a strong connection to Vi, but she always claimed to feel nothing. I should've trusted her, instead of forcing her to give Zach a chance.

"I'm sorry you were forced to try Vi. I love you, never leave me again." I whispered.

"I'm not going anywhere again, I promise."

.

.

.

Carol and I decided it's best to make a run to Kansas to grab all my belongings, and say goodbye to my boss and the little boy. Lilly isn't too happy to be sitting in the backseat, and has been howling for the past twelve hours. Aunt Carol seems to be enjoying it to say the least, I hope she stays this way.

"Avery how much longer?"

"Uh, we're almost to the Colorado border!" I said smiling at her.

"Awesome, how much longer though?" Carol said laughing at me.

"Like ten hours until we are in Kansas."

Carol nodded and turned the music back up. Ten hours and then like five more hours until we actually get to my house, I wonder if she regrets coming with us, if she'd rather be home then stuck in a car with a stinky dog and her niece.

"Hey Aunt Carol, do you enjoy our company?" I asked looking at my feet.

"What?" she asked looking at me, "of course Avery, I love you and your sweet dog more then anything. You're all I've got after all, why do you ask such a thing?"

"I don't know, maybe you don't actually want us to move in. Like we're charity or something." I said as tears formed.

"Sweetheart, you and my son are my world. I'm so excited to have you around all the time, I wish you knew how much you mean to me honey." Carol said grabbing my hand.

I smiled as Carol rambled on about me and my father, how much she missed having us around when I was growing up. I guess Carol missed a lot of my childhood, I never realized how much the pack depended on her until now.

"I love you Aunt Carol."

"I love you more then honey!" Carol said laughing.