Two

"Oh my god!" I screamed sitting up grabbing my head as my phone screeched at me.

Sighing I snatched my phone up and looked at my alarm clock to read 5:45am.

"What!?" I screamed into my phone.

"Hey Avery, I'm sorry if I woke you." a familiar voice sounded.

"Oh my gosh aunt Carol, I thought you was a random telemarketer I'm sorry." I said laughing softly.

"It's okay, would you like to come visit? Silverfall throws annual town parties, I thought it would be nice to catch up, you can bring that wonderful dog of yours!"

"What kind of parties?" I asked laying back down.

"Mostly beach parties, the whole town gets together and has small events at the beach until Christmas, last year we held a pie eating contest and I won first prize!"

It would be nice to get out of the Kansas climate, and Lilly has never visited the beach before. Maybe this will be a nice adventure, after meeting Gage we've had a lot going on.

"I'd love to, we can even enter the contest together. Aunt against niece. Only one shall win!" I said laughing into my phone.

"Yes ma'am! That sounds absolutely pleasant." Aunt Carol said giggling with me.

"Awesome auntie! I'll buy my plane ticket first thing in the morning, I can't wait to see you!" I said sitting up in my bed.

"Oh yay! I'm so excited to se yo-"

Tip. Tip. Tip.

What is that noise? Its like a bird is tapping on my window, its been happening for four nights now. Did someone follow me home from work last night? Oh god please don't be a crazed serial killer waiting for me at my doorstep.

.

.

.

"Thank you." I said before leaving the bank.

I smiled at Lilly wagging her tail in the passenger seat, if dogs could be soulmates I think I found mine.

"Want a snack before we leave town, Lilly?" I asked parking.

Grabbing Lilly's leash we set out to explore Walmart for our favorite snacks, and maybe a few other things to help us stay awake on our trip.

"Grab a toy, I'll be in the chip isle." I said letting her leash free.

Humming to myself I made my way to the chips, smiling at the thought of the warm sun in California. I wonder if Carol lives on the beach, I'd like to night swim under the night sky. Maybe we'll meet some nice people too, it would be nice to have some girl friends.

"Hey!" I yelped as I got pushed to my butt by a random person.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I male voice rang in front of me.

Almost on cue, Lilly appeared in front of the hand reaching for me. I tried to push myself up off the ground, only to be pushed down by Lilly's vibrating body above my stomach.

"Lilly, relax it's okay, it was an accident." I said rubbing my forehead and trying to push her off of me.

"I'm so sorry, I tripped over the fish tanks. I didn't know anyone was around me."

I locked eyes with a blue eyed man, he had tan skin and shaggy brown hair. He looked to be in his twenties, obviously had a build. He wore black skinny jeans, with a brown shirt with a weird symbol on it. 

"Oh you're alright! Lilly is just protective, did you say you tripped over fish tanks?" I giggled taking his hand.

"I totally understand, my dog was the same way when I was younger. Yes! I guess they just didn't want to put them up." the man chuckled pointing at the fish tanks on the ground.

Smiling, we said our goodbye's. Lilly and I headed to the checkout line with our goodies, I couldn't help but wonder who the man was. He seemed so familiar, almost like I've seen him in a dream before.

.

.

.

Lilly and I are heading to California tonight, and I decided to drive instead of flying. After running into that strange dude at the store, I've been anxious about flying. I'd much rather be safe in my own space.

I hope Aunt Carol likes me still, I haven't seen her since the funeral for my father took place. I wonder if her son will be there, ever since adopting him I haven't gotten the chance to meet him yet. Aunt Carol thinks he has a crush on me, and he hides when I come around. I've told her she's crazy millions of times!

Ring Ring Ring ... Ring Ring Ring

"Hello?" I asked picking up my phone.

"Avery?"

"Uh, yeah? Who's this?" who has my number and doesn't even know its me.

"This is Damian. We ran into each other at Walmart the other day, I was just wondering if you'd like to get dinner with me sometime."

How did this guy get my number? I know nobody in my city but my boss, no way she'd give a stranger my number, she's old but not dumb.

"How'd you get my number Damian?" I asked.

"I looked you up, when we touched I felt the connection. Did you feel it too Avery?" Damian whispered.

I immediately hung up the one. No way this dude got my number, how the hell does he know my last name? I need to just drive, focus on the road Avery. Get to Aunt Carols and it'll all go away.