Ch 1

An alarm clock blared from a bedside table. The girl that was sleeping shifted,  her eyes tightly pressed together, attempting to shut off the annoying sound resonating on her ears. Her hand shot towards the alarm, patting around it before finally turning it off.

She turned over onto her side and attempted to go back to sleep. Her eyes closed and she eventually drifted off into a peaceful sleep, filled with heavy metal cats and ballerina sharks.

:: five hours later ::

Echo woke up with a yawn. Her eyes partially closed and blinking every second to attempt to get rid of the tiredness in her eyes. She sat up in a single upward motion, attempting once again to wake up fully. She pushed her hands in front of her and stretched, hearing a satisfying crack in response.

She heard a small mewl and recalled the events of yesterday. She slid her legs off of her bed and jumped off, landing with a slight thud. She stumbled over to the basket that she put the kittens into and peered into it with a slight interest.

She was greeted with a heart-warming sight, the ten kittens were cuddling together. She then realized that the sound came from a silver kitten that was snoring quite loudly. She giggled lightly to herself, observing the sight that was set before her.

She finally stood up from her crouching position, making her way out of her room and into the kitchen. She gathered some ingredients and prepared a pan for the cooking of the said ingredients.

She placed the pan onto her stove. She turned the stove on and started to place everything on top of the pan. She moved them every second to prevent any part of the food in the pan to burn.

••••••••
Now that the food was done, echo started to take everything from the pan.  Once she was done, she proceeded to gather ten plates from a cabinet just above her head.

She then went back to the cupboard to get some cups, and after many trips back to get more bowls, she was finally done with the plates and bowls, now all she needed was the food and drinks.

Echo took two bowls in each hand and filled them up, she repeated this process until each bowl was filled. She placed each slice of ham on the ten separate plates. While preparing her own breakfast, she heard a soft thud and several panicked meows drifting from her kitchen.

She dropped everything and rushed into the room that she heard the sound  in and saw...
•••

I am very sorry for the short chapter, but it's 10:35 and I was supposed to be asleep at 8:00.

I also wanted to ask a question; do you want me to update both of my red Rainclouds books. I was asking this because I know some people who just want a fun and short story, while others want a more well developed story. Do you want me to or not?