Eight

Julian:

The pain was something I never felt like before, it was new. I might as well as start wearing white now.

The blood trickled down my hand and fell to the floor and I saw Mark still strapping weapons to his belt, I moved my head right over Mark's head and let my blood fall into his blonde hair. It worked.

I saw a blonde strip of his hair turn red and he stopped in his tracks and slowly touched the blood on his head then bringing his hand back down and rubbing the liquid with his fingers. Mark looked up at the ceiling and looked around him.

More of my blood poured and I heard Emma saying to stop but I didn't listen, I didn't want to. Suddenly Mark screamed. He didn't just scream randomly and screamed my name. "Julian!"

I put my arm back down, wincing at the pain, "you can see me?" The impact of Mark hugging me was surprising, I didn't know he hugged others. As soon as he pushed off and I glanced back at Emma and she was had a look of worry on her face, "Emma," I spoke, "he can see me," she walked over to me and tried to touch Mark but it didn't work.

Mark grabbed my arm and pulled me to the door, "where the hell were you?" I glanced at his random eyes and spoke, "I was with Emma."

Mark's eyes fell to my eyes, capturing the meaning in my voice, in my eye, "Julian," he hoarded, "Emma's dead."

Emma glanced over at me, "no Mark, she's real as anything can be." I walked over to Emma and went to touched her hand but she stepped back and looked frightened at me. "Emma," I pleaded, "it's okay, we need to get Mark to believe me."

I heard Mark's words fling in my direction, "Emma's dead Julian, its been six months, get over it. I lost her too and it hurts but I'm okay, you'll be okay. Come here." I didn't flinch, my eyes continued to stare into Emma's brown eyes, watching her's dart all over.

I spoke her name, knowing I'm making her shiver all over. I looked at her once more and lightly started grazing her fingers with mine, finally entangling them and walking them over to Mark.

I never took my eyes off of Emma as i continued to smile then I glanced back at Mark, seeing him when a perplexed look on his face. I looked back at Emma but it wasn't Emma.

A girl with brown hair like mine and a similar facial structure looked up at me, seeing runes coming up from her collar bone, her eyes were death, everything about her gave me a sickening feeling and I released my grip on her while she still held on.

"You should listen to your brother." My breath caught in my throat, "Emma's dead."

Her face was a pale mess as she gave me a elfish grin and vanished.

Annabel.

**************

GUYS IM SO FREAKING SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING HAPPY NEW YEAR AND STUFF, SCHOOL'S BEEN CRAZY AF AND IM SORRY

SO SORRY ABOUT THAT 😂😂

did you know the end of lord of shadows is going to have a brutal ending? cassie is evil.

HAS ANYONE READ ACOMAF IF YOU HAVENT READ ACOTAR PLEASE IM SHOOK RN