Five

Emma:

Julian rubbed his fingers together, then looked all around then peered at the blood again. "What the hell." He said it such a stern voice, it almost brought tears to my eyes.

I bent down and splayed my bloody hands over his heart, making a stain on his white shirt he put on over his shadowhunter gear. He looked down and saw the handprint and he scooted back, "who's that?"

Jules stood up and his eyes travelled across the room until he looked my way. He wasn't looking at me so that meant he didn't see me. He actually still didn't see me. I wish I could count the seconds it took for him to lift his hand.

Julian reached out his hand in midair and felt around for something. No, I thought, someone. He touched my arm and gasped in shock. He felt around again and pulled my arm to him. My shoulder crashed into his chest and I smelt him. His sweet smell. Honey, sweet tea and sweat. The toughness of his hands clasped tightly around arm.

I know I was invisible to him but he wasn't. His eyes were big while they looked my way but he didn't see me. He didn't see me. Julian's hair hung down past his eyes, sweat was forming on his brow. He let go of my arm and his breathing slowed down as Jules's hand fell to the side.

My eyes stung with tears as I took my hand and brushed against his fingers and he peered down as I wrote in our secret language. Jules, I'm here.

And then, Annabel rang in my head, 'stop! You're going to pay for what you've done.'

"Do you really think I care?" I saw Julian's head whip at the sound of my voice, "Emma?" I snarled at Annabel talking, 'I can kill your precious Julian if I wanted to.' I want to murder her.

"If you do, I'll kill you." I heard Julian spin and vanish. I screamed and put my hands over my face, sobbed and fell down.

Annabel laughed or what I thought was a laugh. It sounded stoic.

My face probably looked like a prune. Julian disappeared. He poofed. He's gone. By the angel, what did I do? What did I do?

"Annabel," I cried, I felt as if the world was going to end momentarily. "Please," I sobbed, trying to hope onto any addition hope I still had lying around. If I had any hope.

I didn't hear from Annabel when I continued to sob and scream at the aching pain that wouldn't stop in my chest.

**

Hours went by as I stared at my hands, looking at the dried blood on my fingers, thinking Jules touched my blood. He touched me. I've craved his touched for so long and he felt me. He said my name. My name fell down his lips so easily and beautifully.

My sobs weren't cries anymore, they were moans of grief. I was abruptly interrupted and my pain stopped. I forgot about Julian for a second. It was Cristina and Mark.

Mark wore white shirt with blue jeans, a very human look, his blonde hair was tousled in a panicked way. His eyes had bags, it looked like all life had drained out of him.

Cristina looked like she just got out of bed, her hair had a messy braid probably made last night and a undershirt with thin white cotton shorts on. Mark looked at her and she patted his shoulder, "we'll find him."

They both started searching the room, "looks like someone has been in here Cristina." Mark's finger brushed weapons on the floor and picked them up. Cristina looked on the floor then stared back at Mark. "Look," her eyes travelled to the thick dark red liquid on the floor.

My blood.

Mark almost touched it but Cristina stopped him. "We aren't sure whose blood that is or if it's poisoned." Mark nodded and got to his feet, "I'll call the Silent Brothers." Cristina shook her head, "no get Ty."

**

Ty came down with Mark while Kit trailed behind them. Ty wore a look of sadness, he carried a bag with supplies I'm assuming. When he got over to my blood, he unzipped the bag and pulled something out but dropped it. I didn't see it drop but heard the clank of the metal against the floor.

Mark squatted down to Ty and patted his back, "I'm scared too," Mark said, "but we need to find him." Ty peered up at Mark, his blue eyes scanned his brother's face. "Don't you realize that he probably died just like Emma did. He is gone. When you woke me up saying that you found blood in the training room, I knew."

Ty picked up the metal object and clicked it on. Flashlight. "I knew," he repeated quietly, grabbing a liquid from his bag and taking out a microscope. Well you got to bring the lab to the crime scene as a Shadowhunter.

A few moments later Ty peered back up from his microscope, "well, it's Nephilm but I'm not sure if it's Julian's." Ty picked up a weapon with my blood on the edge of the tip and examined it. "The way this blood on the blade is," Ty began, "Julian cut someone but he missed and if someone was threatening his life, he wouldn't miss.  Julian either was trying to fight but wasn't strong enough and whoever Julian was fighting is stronger than us or..."

Cristina spoke, "or what?" The hairs on my arms stood when I heard Cristina speak, my breath became shallow as Ty continued. "Or this was an accident, someone was in the room and he didn't know and they got away as well as took him."

**

A/N:
so sorry it took like a month or two I frankly don't know but I finally made chapter five. (I was grounded all last week I wanted to publish this chapter but I could not)

IM SO HAPPY OMGG I HAVE 1K READS TY SO MUCH ILY GUYS

What's your thoughts on this chapter?

I decided to give you guys are treat for wanting more so I'm publishing everyday this week!!