Four

Emma:

Mark kept repeating my name in horrible sorrows, wiping tears from his face frequently, sometimes he spoke in faerie language. My heart hammered every time Jules cried out.

Annabel stopped talking in my head which was a relief but also an disadvantage, I need to get out of here. My heart continued to beat so I am still living. At least I think.

Cristina opened Julian's door a few hours after they announced me dead. She looked scared and worried at the same time when she saw Mark on the floor with a pile of tear used tissues and a empty box on the right of him. Ty went to go put Livvy to bed, trying to get her to sleep of her tears but every time he came back, he heard her shout from the corridor and decided to sleep next to Livvy the rest of the night.

Mark stood up as he saw Cristina close the door quietly. She buckled to the ground, as she heard Mark speak, "Julian's parabatai rune faded last night, I—we believe Emma died last night." My heart jumped at died. I am not dead. Cristina cries were a mixture of gasps and moans, a few tears shed.

About an hour later, Mark tried to comfort Cristina. "Emma wouldn't want us to be weak like this, we need to get up and face whatever has happened." Cristina wiped her face and nodded, "I'll call Diana." She left the room a few seconds later.

Julian started to stir in his bed and woke up, "Emma?" His eyes were bloodshot red, when he looked my direction for a few short seconds, but I know he didn't notice me. Mark sat on top of his brother's bed, telling him in detail what happened. "We," he swallowed, trying to sit up, "we need to find her, find her body." Mark shook his head, "no, you aren't going to find her body, have you seen yourself? You look sick. Your parabatai just died. You can't just get up and go find her in this condition." Julian's face made a cringe and gritted his teeth, "watch me."

Julian stood up with his little strength he had, gripping the bed frame to help him stand up. Oh how much I want to help him, but I stood in the background, not noticed. Mark helped him out the door but he still said it was a bad idea. "I need to find her." He wouldn't stand down.

I watched them go to the kitchen, Diana looked like she rushed over here, her hair was a mess, clothes thrown on. They didn't even match. She was hugging Cristina saying it would be alright. Diana coughed up a few tears as well. "We need to call the silent brothers," Mark started, "maybe they have a way to track down Emma's body."

**

While they waited for the silent brothers, Mark broke the news to Dru and Tavvy. They both cried as the same as everyone. I mean at least I know that everyone is showing emotion over my death. But not Kit, Ty told him last night, I wasn't sure if Kit showed any emotions.

Julian walked to my room while everyone was crying, I followed him. He sat on my bed, hands covering his face. "Emma," he said, "Emma if you're there," he choked on my name. "If you're an angel watching over me. Just know that I have not stopped loving you. I'm still so in love with you." I rushed over to him and gave him a hug he couldn't feel, "Jules, I'm here please I'm here, please see me."

'Jules can't hear you.' Annabel's stern voice entered my thoughts. 'They will never hear you or see you. Well unless...'

Annabel had more emotion in her voice than last time, "unless what?" I would do anything. I needed Jules.

'Well, if you do this, the time line would be rewritten. Jules and you would never be parabatai. You guys would simply have never met but your parents would be alive but not his.'

I shook my head, whimpering at Julian sitting there, staring at nothing. "No, I will not." Annabel's voice stopped invading my mind after I decline. Sometimes, I wish she would just come back.

**

Weeks turned into months and I stood in the sidelines, watching my life happen before my eyes. I mostly spent my time with Julian, watching him but being careful not to touch him. The Silent Brothers came and went, saying that they couldn't find my body. That I had just simply vanished.

Julian started writing in a journal to cope with my death. I would read over his shoulder, reading about what he is feeling but sometimes when I read it, I wish he would just get over me.

I don't sleep or eat, I stay up 24/7. Annabel hasn't talked to me in months. Three to be exact. I keep out of everyone's way. Sometimes when it's peaceful at night, I would think. But tonight, tonight was different.

Julian got up around 2am, dragging himself to the armory. He got into his gear but I didn't try to speak, it would be useless. He grabbed a blade and went straight to the training room. I watched him intently, slicing dummies, watching him sweat.

Midway through 6am, he fell down crying, his swear and his tears mixed. He looked at his hands, blinking his eyes. They were red and almost broken.

I guess he got anger at himself, he swung the blade in my direction, I didn't feel it but the blade sliced my arm, drawing blood. Drawing blood? I grabbed my arm to stop the blood flow and saw Jules looking at the ground. I looked at the direction he was looking at and he reached his long fingers to touch the floor.

The next thing I knew is that he lifted his fingers, bringing them up and examining the dark red on his fingers. "By the angel." I gasped and looked at the floor, seeing my blood on the floor. He was touching my blood.

A/N:
GUYSS IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THE WHOLE SUMMER. Tbh I was lazy. I decided to update now and I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I've been writing too many stories and it's ugh.

I hope you enjoy! This took some time and I was half asleep writing this. (On the morning on the way to school)

New updates come out Saturdays now for the rest of this book!