Sixteen: 도대체 남자들 그동안 여자에게 왜 그랬어

Chapter Sixteen: 도대체 남자들 그동안 여자에게 그랬어 (All This Time Why Do Men Treat Women Like That?)

It was a quiet day at the shop. It was barely noon yet he had already ordered the new batch of bridal gowns for next week's photo shoot, screamed at the supplier for daring to replace the missing pearl buttons with white sequin ones for the Vera Wang 2016 Fall Collection - as if he wouldn't notice, he huffed - when it was sent back for quality check, and rearranged all of the jewellery display racks. Plus, he had also checked himself out in the mirror multiple times. He cocked his head and smirked to himself, remembering his handsome reflection staring back at him. His eyebrows were on fleek ever since he went to that fabulous threading place - what was it called? - Brow House or something. He lightly tossed his fringe aside with his middle finger, leaning against the counter top and flicking non-existent lint off his jacket, deliberating if he should once again head to the full length mirror to admire his bum in his freshly tailored grey slacks.

Just as he straightened to move out, the tinkle from their door rang out, signalling a customer accompanied by light laughter that carried into the little boutique.

Finally, he thought to himself.

Putting on a cheerful, professional smile, he approached the door only to stop in his tracks. He clamped his mouth shut to stop it from dropping to the floor, but to think-

"Sungjae-ssi! Joy-ssi! So honoured that you would grace my humble shop. What can I do for you today?" He said, grateful that he sounded as articulate as always, not tripping over his words like he thought he would.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Joy replied, smiling cheerily. "Aniyeyo. Jinhae eonni told me that yours is the best shop to go to if I needed anything for weddings!"

"Ahh, Jinhae! She told me a lot about you. She's your stylist, isn't she?"

"Yes!" Joy replied before her eyes widened at the rows and rows of beautiful dresses before her.

Hyungi laughed at her reaction as he stretched out his arm to gesture to the rest of the space.

"Feel free to look around and then let me know if you need help. I'll be happy to assist you," he invited, finally turning to Sungjae who had just been watching Joy oohing and ahhing over everything, smiling to himself.

"Sungjae-ssi!" He said, extending him a warm handshake. "So nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. Jalbutakdeulibnida!"

"Since the occasion calls for it, I'm assuming you want matching outfits?"

Sungjae laughed and nodded, lowering his voice.

"I'm meeting her family. Help me dress to impress," he said with a wink.

Hyungi grinned. "Then I suppose it's all up to her taste in clothes. Do you have a preference?"

"Weeeeelll..." he trailed off thoughtfully.

"I want you to look your best when you come, so please remember to get your dress for the wedding. Something white and lacy will look really good on you. Ask sawi to accompany you."