Two: 그댈 보면 난 룰루랄라

Author's Note: Thank you for all your votes and support for Chapter One! I just watched SungJoy on Ep 305 on WGM yesterday, and I'm dying. WHY ARE THEY SO CUTE. I cannot even.

Okay, fangirl moment over. On with the chapter!
_______________________________

Chapter Two: 그댈 보면 난 룰루랄라 (I Go LuLuLaLa When I Look At You)

"So," Sungjae said as they walked out of the café. "Do you think we should drop the formalities and just speak to each other casually?"

Joy flashed a cheeky grin in reply and immediately dropped the honourifics. "I was wondering when you'd say that. I mean, isn't it much more comfortable like this?"

"Yes- I mean, yep." Sungjae laughed nervously, thrown off by her straightforwardness, as he corrected his formal speech.

"My mother didn't tell me that I would be meeting another idol, so I was really shoc-" Joy abruptly stopped speaking because Sungjae had picked a Hydrangea and tucked it behind her ear after gently brushing her hair aside.

The path they were walking on lead them to a nearby park and they had just passed a white picket fence with pink Hydrangeas growing around it in beautifully trimmed vines.

When her senses came back to her, Joy smiled prettily at him in thanks, cheeks pinking in her delight.

Sungjae cleared his throat and straightened up as he turned to Joy.

"So how did you feel when you found out it was me?" His facial features were relaxed, but his eyes betrayed him. They kept darting all over the place and could not maintain eye contact with Joy.

She understood that he was looking for assurance and wanted to give it to him, so she considered the question carefully. She wanted to give a sincere answer.

"Well.. When I first saw you, I could barely believe it. I took the whole time while you were queuing for our drinks to absorb the shock. After that set in and I realised it was reality, I liked it. But you seem really different from the image you portray."

"And what image is that?"

"On TV and in interviews, you make a lot of jokes and pull pranks, but you seem to have a serious..." Joy sentence was cut short and she darted forward.

Sungjae, caught off guard, stood in his place curiously observing. In his line of sight, there was an ahjumma wobbling at the weight of the bags she was carrying. She hobbled forward, panting, then put the bags on the ground before lifting them up again to take a few more steps forward. The old lady was about to reach for her bags to walk the next few tedious steps when he saw Joy approach her.

From the distance he was standing at, he could not hear what Joy was saying, but he saw her bow to the ahjumma in greeting and took her bags from her. The little old lady could be seen nodding her head in gratefulness, patting Joy's arm while gesturing towards the right.

Sungjae felt a rush of affection for this young girl with her wide smile and sunshiny personality. How observant of her to see the ahjumma from afar and how kind of her to rush to her aid.

"...smile is so bright. It reminds me of my two little grandchildren," the ahjumma chuckled softly while looking at Joy.

"How old are your grandchildren, Halmoni?" Joy asked.

She was so focused on talking to the old lady that when a pair of strong, warm hands took the bags from her, she looked up in astonishment. But all she found was Sungjae, who took the bags and casually slung them over his shoulder like they didn't weigh like watermelons, joining in the conversation like he was a part of it all along.

Joy found herself smiling at his nonchalance. This boy who want to make an impression by acting cool. As if she couldn't already tell. But she found his attempts adorable.

As the three of them walked alongside each other towards a small apartment building, Joy watched Sungjae crack jokes with the halmoni. She found her heart fluttering at the way Sungjae treated the grandma with a sort of tenderness. It was like seeing him taking care of his own grandmother, not a stranger whom he just met.

Before they knew it, they had reached the halmoni's house. Sungjae entered and placed the grocery bags onto her small kitchen table.

"Sit down, sit down! I'm going to make tea for you helpful little youngsters."

Joy and Sungjae exchanged a glance, shrugged and sat down next to each other on the coach, while halmoni busied herself with making tea.
_______________________________

Thank you for reading! Please comment, because they make my day and motivate me to update! :D