Eleven: 두려움보단 널 향한 끌림이 더 크니까

Chapter Eleven: 두려움보단 향한 끌림이 크니까 (Because My Attraction To You Is Bigger Than Fear)

The patter of raindrops on the window of their van provided a soothing background noise in their quiet car. Removing her ear piece, Seulgi adjusted her blanket and sat back in her seat to listen to the sound of the rain as their manager drove them back to their dorm after another day of back to back schedules. She finally felt a sense of calm wash over her as she looked at the scenery zooming past outside. She thought back on their day and felt the corners of her lips tugged upwards as she recalled what happened during their eventful afternoon.

She had just checked on her photos from the photoshoot and was heading to the lunch table for a much needed break. The morning gifted her with a kink in her neck that persisted even through the photoshoot. Trying to slightly ease her discomfort, she stretched her neck while walking, angling her head to the left to feel the pull of her sore tendon. Slightly overdoing it, she almost lost her balance when she felt someone grab her arm to stabilise her.

"Woah, joshimhae Seulgiya," came Minhyuk's modulated voice from behind her as Seulgi regained her equilibrium, nodding her thanks. "Something wrong with your neck?"

Decked out in full black leather with a ripped grey shirt underneath, Minhyuk had done the photoshoot with Seulgi, going for a badass boyfriend mixed girl-crush kind of concept. Minhyuk's black leather boots had silver stud details, which matched with Seulgi's white ones. In line with the concept, Seulgi had thick winged black eye liner drawn around her eyes with her hair pulled back in a high ponytail, accentuating her cheekbones which gave her a fierce and powerful aura. Contrasting Minhyuk, she was dressed completely in white. The stylist paired a grey racerback cropped top with a tiny white leather jacket and high waisted white leather shorts. The photos came out stunning, making Seulgi feel slightly proud. This was the first time since their debut that she tried such a concept and she found that she quite liked looking like a badass.

"Yeah, I probably didn't sleep well last night," Seulgi replied, rubbing her neck as they reached their destination together. The first thing that caught their eye was Joy and Hyunsik standing as a pair right at the entrance as another round of chuckles escaped Joy's lips. Looking pleased with himself, Hyunsik was beaming so much that his eyes had turned into charming crescent shapes as he looked at Joy laugh.

Smirking, Minhyuk nudged Seulgi and subtly nodded at someone in the background. Seulgi had to quickly stifle her laugh before it bubbled up at what she saw.

Lurking behind Joy and Hyunsik, near the lunch table, was an extremely jealous-looking Sungjae who was glaring at the pair. He looked like an angry bull who had steam coming out of his nostrils, getting ready to charge.

Taking deep breaths to calm herself and quickly schooling her features into a neutral look, Seulgi caught Minhyuk's eye, both of them immediately understanding the situation.

As they were walking to the table, Sungjae seemed to had come to a decision. Now close enough, they heard Sungjae ask Hyunsik if he had difficulties with the concept. To which, Hyunsik gave a short "no" and went back to talking to Joy. Looking disgruntled, Sungjae tried to interrupt again by teasing Hyunsik.

"Don't you feel shy walking around like that? Button up your shirt, hyung!" Sungjae exclaimed, playfully pulling his shirt closed.

Not even dignifying Sungjae with a reply this time, Hyunsik just laughed and grunted his response, slowly buttoning up his shirt while still continuing his conversation with Joy.