One For The Books

The bridge was built to over the look the water from the river but a recent drought left the ditch below me covered in wild flowers. I laid my arms on the banister and overlooked the sea of vibrant colored peony's filling the dry dirt. My mind was full of clouded thoughts as I tried to push back ever emotion I had for Taylor. I could practically hear him calling my name,

"Savannah!"

I was that desperate.

"Sav!"

I turned at the sound of my name giving in to my hallucination. To my surprise, I saw Taylor, dressed in his charcoal tux running towards me. I froze as he came to stand in front of me; his smile growing every second,

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be getting married?"

"Sav, hear me out, please."

"I heard, I listened, I left."

"Sav..."

"Taylor, it's your wedding day, what are you doing, really?" I turned away from him but he caught my hand, holding onto my wrist,

"What's right." I raised an eyebrow in confusion as he continued, "I'm doing what's right."

Without a second thought he pulled me towards him; his hand cupping under my jaw, sending shivers down my spine. His thumb stroked across my cheek and I saw the hint of a smirk just as he pressed his lips to mine.

My eyes fluttered closed as my hands ran up his arms and rested behind his neck; my fingers playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. My heart was in a knot as I took in every moment; Taylors scent, the softness of his lips, the way he held me into him. The kiss was a slow smolder that burned and twisted in my stomach. His tongue traced my bottom lip and I parted my lips ever so slightly as our kiss deepened.

But just as quickly as we began did he pull away, resting his forehead on mine.

I half expected some cheesy, "wow" or something else resembling a RomCom but instead Taylor just smiled and tugged me closer into a warm hug,

"You are everything to me." He whispered in my ear.

"Wh-what?" I stuttered, my thoughts entangled.

"I was in the room, when you and Anna were talking- not spying, might I add. But you guys showed up so suddenly and I overhead you. And... I love you too, Savanah. I love you."

I searched Taylors eyes as he held onto my hands, "What about Julie? Did you leave her at the alter?"

He shook his head, "Neither one of us could go through with the wedding."

I bit my lip, "Taylor, I just..."

"You don't have to say thing at all," he squeezed my hands, "I just need you to know that I love you. And I won't do anything to hurt you ever again. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm sorry for acting like such a fool. I just couldn't bear to tell you I was getting married when... when well, it wasn't to you."

Smiling, I gave in, rising on my toes to press a kiss to Taylors lips, "You couldn't have said this a month ago?"

He chuckled, wrapping his hands around my waist, "I'm just a big fan of a grand gesture."

Laughing, I leaned into him, letting my head fall on his shoulder, "I love you too, you know."

"Yah?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yah, you big idiot."

Taylor laughed, pressing a kiss to my hairline, "Good to know."

Shaking my head, I pulled away from him and smoothed down his suit, "Pancakes?"

"Of course." He held onto my hand as we headed towards his car, "did I mention how perfect you look in that dress."

"Oh stop it," I giggled, swatting at him.

Taylor opened the door for me, "I'm serious, you're so beautiful."

"You don't think I already know that?"

Taylor stared at me, opened mouth as I giggled sending him a wink. He groaned, "you're the worst, you know that?"

"So I've been told."

"You're completely inept."

"It's one of my very best traits."

Sighing, Taylor jumped into the driver's seat as he pulled out, heading towards the diner, "I love you."

I leaned over to kiss his cheek, "I love you."

Smiling, I turned towards the sky as the endless blue world swam by. Maybe everything was meant to be. I let my head lean back as Taylor stroked my hand. Everything felt complete; us, together.

Taylor glanced at me before nodding towards the to-go mug on his door, "Hand me that?"

"What's in it?" I asked, grabbing the cup and inspecting the insides.

"Nothing you'd care about."

"Now Taylor Crome, is this coffee?"

"My coffee, yes."

"I'm your girlfriend now, you have to share." He rolled his eyes as I took a long sip of the bitter liquid, "Tastes pretty bad."

"Gee, thanks."

"Love you."

"Whatever."

He nudged me with his shoulder and I laughed, resting my head against the seat. With my luck, I would have broken up a wedding. But I didn't care, because I got Taylor; and he was everything to me. 

##/##

And that's it guys! The end to Savannah and Taylor... for now. Thanks for reading and such.

Until next time!