Plus One

"What an idiot."

Anna was pacing around my room in a frenzy of frustration. It seemed as though she was even more upset than I was, "Come on, Anna. Give it a rest."

"I can't! How could he do this? He's such a stupid boy!" She angrily gestured with her hands, "How could he do this to you?"

I shrugged, picking at the floor of my carpet, "It doesn't matter."

Sighing, Anna turned to me, "Why aren't you more upset about this?"

"What's the point, Anna? Honestly? Of course I'm upset! God..." I paused, "Taylor is one of my best friends and he didn't invite me to his wedding, his wedding. And it breaks my heart, it hurts like hell. I thought he'd tell me, I thought we were close enough for him to at least mention... I thought he would have told me about her to begin with but I was wrong there to. For god sakes Anna, I found out about Julie the day they got engaged! He didn't even bother to tell me about her. He just stopped talking to me and then... and then..." I lost speech as I choked on the last words, tears welling in my eyes, "God, he's just a dumb boy."

Anna looked at me softly before sitting on the ground and putting her arm around me, "I know you loved him."

I scoffed, wiping my nose with the back of my sleeve, "Ugh, I wish."

"Honey, I know you did."

I shook my head, "No," I sniffled, "I still do. For fucks sake, I'm in love with him." Anna took a deep breath as hearing my confession. I sighed and leaned my head on her shoulder, "Things can't get worse, right?"

She rubbed my back, "Were gonna make this right."

"Yah, how do you plan to do that? Got a time machine?"

Rolling her eyes Anna nudged me, "I have a plus one on the invite."

I sat up straight to look at her, "No, way."

"You're going to that wedding."

"Oh, Anna. I really don't want to see the boy I love get married to someone else. Perhaps this was just a blessing in disguise."

She shook her head, ruffling my hair, "You're coming. And were gonna show Taylor, what he's missing."

I bit my lip as I stared into the mischief of Anna's eyes, "This sounds like a horrible plan."

"Maybe," Anna hummed, "Now come on, you need a killer dress." She stood up, offering her hand to me.

Sighing I glanced down, this seemed like a bad idea all around. What was the point of making Taylor jealous? What was the point of me going if I knew it was just going to hurt? But he was my best friend, and I couldn't miss the happiest day of his life. Taking a deep breath, I gripped Anna's hand and followed her out the door.