Perfect Timing

"Oh come on, you need to tell us more about him!" Ashley pleaded with immense intensity.

"Ya, you get dumped by your two year boyfriend and now this hot god shows up? You obviously have all the luck," Jill added sarcastically.

"I wonder how many friends he has," Mariza said, speaking more to herself then anyone else.

As soon as we had entered the house not more than 30 minutes ago, I was bombarded by my three friends and the endless amounts of questions I should have see coming. Of course all the questions pertained to the one and only Alex, making me blush horribly. My friends new me too well, they instantly knew I was attracted to Alex in a way I never was with Evan. But lets be honest, who wouldnt be attracted to a guy as hot as he was?

"You guys," I moaned in annoyance, "He probably already has a girlfriend, a guy that hot does not stay single for long."

"But you said that you've known him literally since you were born, right?" Jill asked while contemplating something. I had to give them the run down of how i had known Alex since i was child growing up and making mud pies in my backyard

"Ugh, yes but we lost touch-"

"It doesnt matter if you lost touch hun, that kind of friendship never goes away," she said cutting me off before I could say anything more. "Plus, your just as attractive as him, why wouldnt he like you!"

Ever since the four of us had become best friends in 7th grade, they had tried to convince me that I was the prettiest girl they knew, of course I always denied them no matter what. Alex had shocked me, he looked like one of those models you see on the cover of sports illustrated or Calvin Klein adds in magazines. I could not be compared equal to that, B.S.

"Ya right, your just saying that to make more confident in myself," I replied to Jills compliment, "Just go put your bathing siuts on so we can go to the beach! I'm done answering questions."

"But bud-"

"No buts," I said, cutting Mariza off, "I want to accomplish my goal of getting such a good tan some random stranger calls me mexican."

Laughing, my three girls left the room to go and get ready for our beach day. God they could be the most nosey people I EVER knew, i thought to myself as I rummaged through my dresser drawer for my favorite bathing suit.

"Gotcha," I exclaimed as I finally found it shoved into the back of my drawer. 

It was the string bikini I believed looked best on me and showed off the tan I was about to get. It was a simple maroon color that made me look darker then I really was. In the back of my mind I new I was only choosing this because Alex might be out there, but I might as well flaunt what I if I might stand a chance with him. 

Throwing on my favorite pair of jean shorts, I grabbed my gold avaitors and beach bag and headed down the spiral staircase. Coming around by the breakfast bar I could already see Jill, Ashley and Mariza down by the water splashing around. 

Running out the back door, I kicked my flip-flops off at the end of the yard and leaped into the sand; digging my feet into its warm embrace. The beach was the one place were I felt it could solve all my problems, the one place that truely felt like home to me. Walking over to wear the girls had set up their things, I layed down my towel and removed my shorts. Taking a deep breath, I took in my surroundings.

The beach itself looked never ending eithor way, and the ocean too looked as if it went on forever. How could this place be my new home? It was almost as if from a dream that my life landed me here. There were a couples walking on the board walk but it looked to me that  me and my girls were the only ones out here. Smiling, I turned to were my friends were now having a splash fight and began to run to join them.