Florida-New Beginning

"Holy-"

"Shit," I started and Jill finished for me.

          We had just arrived at our beach side house next to campus and the house was absolutly beautiful. The walls were a soft lime green with stained hard wood flooring and white trim all throughout the house; giving the house a light homey feeling to it. Our families had taken into account to completely furnish the entire house and personally decorate our rooms too. Walking through the front door you came into a slate covered floor with a closet to the left and a mirror to the right. Walking forward a wrought iron spiral staircase sat in the middle of the gorgeous hardwood floor of the tiny foyer which led up into the upstairs bedrooms. Walking to the right from the front door, an archway led into the large comfortable looking living room that held brown couches and a TV built into the wall. To the left of the door, there was a large office/game type room with a bathroom a little farther down the hallway. Continuing on from the living room, a breakfast bar was set up with stools and huge window looking into the kitchen. To the left of the bar, a doorway led into an astounding modernized kitchen with a doorway leading out into the back porch.

       Personally, the backporch was my favorite. The grey painted porch wrapped around the side of the house with wicker furnature layed out neatly for people to sit in. Looking out from the back porch the beach was not 50 ft away.There was a small house garden against the porch which was cut off by a wooden boardwalk that led to the sand of the beach. What green grass we had for a yard was blocked off by the beach with tall whispy grass that made our house more private and secluded. A loose wooden fence also lined the property, marking our land from our neighbors.

"This is absolutly perfect," I whispered to Jill, Ashley and Mariza in awe.

"This is our damn house!" Ashley shouted happily.

"Well, i'm going to go and claim my bedroom," Mariza said, racing off in the direction of the spiral staircase.

"Hey wait up," Jill said desperatly.

            Quickly following Mariza, the four of us raced up the stairs to see what it looked like. The stair case led into the middle of another hard wood floor which had a smaller, cozier living room with a TV to the left and a long hallway that had the doors to the bedrooms to the right. Seeing that our names were on each door, there was no need to rush to claim space.

            Opening the door to my room, my mouth popped open in shock. It was even more perfect then the rest of the house. The walls were painted white and the floors a darker cherry-black colored wood. The dressers and any other furnature were a white wood and a queen size bed sat in the corner of the room. The bed set was a deep maroon and the curtains the same color. A door led into a full sized bathroom that I apperently shared with Ashley. (Jill and Mariza shared their own bathroom too.)

            I couldnt help but start un-packing all of my things. I wanted to make this new wonderful place seem as much as home as possible....and as soon as possible. After about three hours, Mariza finally came into my room as I was hanging the last photo of me and my dad in North Caralina.

"Hey it's almost 9, any requests for dinner?"

"I'm not really that hungry...I've kinda been snacking on a bunch of food I brought from home," I said sheepishly.

"Good," she said, "The rest of us have been doing the same. See you in the morning bud, i'm a bit jet lagged."

"See you tomorrow for breakfast and a day at the beach," I said excitedly.

           Laughing, Mariza left the room as I heard her walk over to Ashley and Jills room to tell them the same thing. Plugging my computer in on my desk, I logged on in hope my mother was still on skype. Signing in, I instantly was relieved when I saw her small picture icon in the 'online' list, as well as Evans. Hitting call, I waited for her to answer.

"Kathryn! hi baby, how is it down there?" she answered excitedly.

"Hi mommy, its amazing. Thank you so much for setting us up down here! I thought we were all going to go bank-rupt from having to buy all new furnature."

"You honestly didnt think I'd let that happen did you?"

"I know now," I said smiling.

"Well I know its only been a minute but I'm going to bed. I just wanted to make sure you all got there safe."

"I love you m-"

"Hold on! Ann wants to talk to you sweety, goodnight," she said quickly before I could say anything. I saw her move from in front of the computer and Ann slide into her place. Her hair was wet from a shower but her facial expression worried me. It was both serious and almost....pitiful?

"Whats up loser," I taunted.

Giving a weak smile, she replied, "Not much buttmunch."

"Why so glum?" I asked confused.

"Um, well... you no how Jared went to the party Evan had gone to?"

"Ya..." I whispered, my stomach beginnig to turn into knots with each second passing.

"Ya kathryn I dont no how to tell you this.... but Evan cheated on you with Katie Smith. They went into the smash room for a while after both of them got drunk."

           Katie Smith just happened to be the one girl who had been out to get me since the 7th grade. And the 'smash' room is none other than the sex room, every party has one. My worst fears had just been justified, I thought to myself. He must have been with her this morning when he called me.

"Thanks for telling me Ann.....um I'll talk to you later," I said choking back tears.

"Kathry-"

          But before she could try to make me feel better, I ended the conversation.Sitting there with my head in my hands I held back the water-works as I hit the 'call' button for Evan's skype. After what felt like centuries, he finally picked up.

"Hey bab-"

"You....son...of....a...bitch," I breathed angrily, glaring at his perfect face through the computer.

"Kathryn I tri-"

"Shut up," I said angirily cutting him off, "Katie? KATIE?"

"It was a mistake, Kat, please believe me, I love you!"

"Obviously not if you decided to screw Katie Smith you asshole," I growled, tears freely falling down my face by now.

"Kat, dont do this," Evan pleaded, his face showing desperation in every crevice.

"You already did Evan, it's over," I yelled before pumching down on the mouse to end the conversation.

        Once the screen became black, the hysterics came. I sobbed as I climbed into bed, not even bothering to change. My door creaked open as my three best-friends walked into my room with sympathetic facial expressions. They had obviously heard both of my conversations from their rooms, its not like these walls were sound proof or anything.

"It's going to be alright doll," Jill muttered as she climbed next to me in bed, both Mariza and Ashley soon doing the same.

"We'll make it up to you, we have all summer to find you a new man," Mariza said confidently.

"Screw that Jack-ass," Ashley said maliciously.

           Looking at their sincere concerned faces, I instantly felt better; and for the rest of the night, they layed with me and comforted me until we all fell asleep a few hours later. So far, this summer was going to be a complete new slate for me in my life.