Party Time (Aoi x Reader)

Neither you nor Aoi were big fans of parties, but this one had been organized by a close family friend of yours, so you couldn't say no. The friend promised you that there would be good food, which was the only reason Aoi agreed to be your date for the party.

"Okay," you said, peering into the living room, "let's try to sneak in and not draw attention."

"Yeah," Aoi said. "Let's greet the host, grab some food, and get the hell out of--"

"(Y/N)?" A voice called out.

You cursed inwardly. It was the host.

"Hello, (Y/N)! Glad you could make it! Oh, is he with you?" She asked, gesturing at Aoi.

"Y-yes, he is."

"Good! I'll introduce you to some people." The lady dragged you two off before you had a chance to eat.

Finally, you and Aoi got some time to yourselves. "Can we not do this again?" He asked, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"I'm not going to any parties from now on," you mutter. "Sorry, Aoi, I know you only wanted to come for the food."

"Well, there is one way you could make it up to me," he said.

"And what's that?"

"A dance."

That's when you realized that the music had changed. It was now slow-dancing music instead of the party tracks you'd been hearing for a while.

"May I have this dance?" Aoi asked, holding out a hand.

You smiled. "Yes, of course."

His arms wrapped around your waist protectively as the two of you began to dance. Maybe coming to this party wasn't such a bad idea.