Shopping With Ruki

Requested by little_ugly_doll. Enjoy!

****

"Okay, now that you've lost, what should I make you do?" Uruha smirked. Reita had unwisely challenged him to a drinking game, and lost spectacularly.

"Nothing creepy, please," Reita said. Why did I challenge him in the first place? I was never a match for him. I hate myself.

"Make him go shopping with Ruki," Aoi suggested evilly.

"You jerk," Reita mumbled.

"Sounds like a good idea." Uruha laughed. "This should make you think twice about having a drinking competition with me. Ruuuuukiiiiii!!"

Ruki poked his head into the room. "What?"

"Reita here says he wants to go shopping with you," Aoi said.

"Really? Rei-chan, you're the bestest!" Ruki tackled the bassist with a hug.

"Hehe..." Reita tried to fake a smile, wishing it was over already.

*  *  *  *

In the mall, Ruki and Reita happened to meet Kai, who was buying groceries. He waved. "Hey, guys! What are you doing here?"

"Reita wanted to come shopping with me," Ruki said.

"Oh, really?" Kai asked, while raising his eyebrows at Reita.

I'll tell you later, Reita mouthed as he got dragged off by the chibi.

The shop they went to was a really expensive, branded clothing store. "Uh, Ruki...do you have money to buy any of this stuff?" Reita asked, examining the label on a jacket.

"It's a sale. Here, hold these...and these...and that one...ooh, look! Half-price!"

Ruki threw a bunch of clothes into Reita's arms, and ran ahead. "Hurry up! These don't last very long, you know!" He called.

"Coming," Reita grumbled. He adjusted a few clothes, and followed Ruki.

Ruki pushed himself into the crowd, and returned triumphantly with a pair of shoes. "Don't you have something like this already?" Reita asked, peering around a pile of clothes.

"It broke last night."

"But you just bought it!"

"Yeah, but--oh my, is that what I think it is? Reita, catch!"

Ruki pounced on a few t-shirts designed by some person whose name Reita couldn't read. He threw them on to the increasing pile of clothes and accessories in Reita's arms and rushed to the next counter.

Finally, when they arrived at the billing counter, Reita was panting with exhaustion. "Do you...really...need...so many...clothes..?" he wheezed. 

"Yes, actually." Ruki answered, walking up to the amused lady at the counter. "I'll be buying whatever my friend here is holding," he said, pulling out a credit card.

"Excuse me, sir, is you friend okay?" The lady asked.

"Oh, he's perfectly fine," Ruki said airily. "He drinks Muscle Milk every day."

"Yes, he's definitely fine." Kai smirked, having followed the two after calling up Aoi and Uruha to find out what was going on.

"Kai! Can you help me carry the bags?" Reita asked.

"Sorry, I've got groceries." He shrugged and turned away, laughing.

Reita scowled. He didn't think that kind-hearted Kai could be so evil. But he couldn't do a thing: he had a dozen bags to carry back, because Ruki had something else to attend to.

"Sooo...how was your shopping trip?" Aoi asked, as Reita walked in.

"You suck."