Memory (Aoi x Reader)

Aoi sat next to you on the sofa, one arm around your waist as you pored through the photo album.

"This is...the time everyone went for a movie." You pointed to one photo after another. "This was our first date. This was our beach holiday, when you convinced me to wear a two-piece swimsuit." You looked at him expectantly. "Was I right?"

"Yup!" He smiled.

A few months ago, you'd had a terrible accident, making you lose all your memory. When you woke up, your mind could not recognise Aoi, but your body did, making you trust him instantly.

Your family, on the other hand, had been pretty nasty to you from the start. They even disapproved of your relationship with Aoi, saying that a musician just wasn't "good enough." They tried to use the accident and your lack of memories to separate you from him.

It hadn't worked. Even though you didn't remember him, you spent the whole day screaming and crying, not letting him go, despite every method your family had tried. They finally gave up, and cut you off from them forever.

So, you stayed with Aoi in the apartment you two had shared for some time now.

It took him many weeks, but he was able to get you to recognize some things, and fill up a few gaps in your memory. You could now remember little things, like his name, his band, and some of the songs he'd composed.

"What are these?" You asked him, turning to another page. "Is that...us..?"

"I was saving these for later," Aoi said. "This is the day I proposed to you."

"Did I say yes??"

"You did. This is when we got married." He pointed to a photo of you two kissing, without a care in the world.

"Was I okay with kissing in front of people?"

"Not really, but at that moment you forgot that anyone else existed."

"Oh..." You went a little pink. "You know, this memory feels just right to me."

"Why is that?"

"I have this memory of us kissing, with the same clothes...it's a little blurred, but I think the clothes weren't fully on at that time..."

Aoi wasn't sure how to react to that. Considering that you had a memory of your wedding night, but little else, he decided to keep quiet, especially since one of the first questions you'd asked him was about what happened when two people got married. He'd answered your question by saying that they touched each other in an "adult way", knowing full well that you were not ready for the details.

"I suppose it was the adult touch," you mumbled.

He kissed your cheek softly. "You remember my promise, right?" He asked.

You nodded. "I remember."

Right after you came back to the apartment, Aoi had made a promise that he would not make a move until you had regained enough memories to trust him with your body, and even then, not without your full consent. You were okay with his hugs, cuddles, and even some of his kisses, but he had made a valid pointfor other things: even if your body could recognize him, your mind still viewed him as a sort of stranger. 

But some of those touches helped: when he kissed you, it reminded you of a place where there was only laughter before a sweet kiss. When he hugged you, it reminded you of a time when you had been safe, protected from everything in his warm arms. And when he cuddled you, it reminded you of life, and joy...and hope.