4

Cressida turned furiously at her son.
How did that brat revealed an ancient family secret to another kid? How dare he?!
She really doubt the child was going to remember how to do it, but still!
"How dare you?! Wand making is a secret passed through generations! Why can't you understand?!" She shouted at the boy, who had gone unnaturally still.
"I am so sorry, mother". Rigel begged, eyes full of tears that wanted to fall. He hold them back.
"When your father arrives, I will tell him. You already owe him yesterday's punishment." She shouted at him, grinning evily.
Rigel began crying as mother continued shouting at him. He really feared dad's punishments.
Odin came back from work thirty or perhaps forty minutes later. He greeted his wife and ingnored the little child who had hiden his face under his hands.
Cressida fastly explained him about everything related to the wandmaking, and Odin's face turned purple with fury.
He took the small child by the arm and walked, or run, to the farm. He passed the sphinx, and all the doors, until he got to the last door. He opened it.
Several griffins stood there, in front of another door, they recognised Odin and let them pass through the door they were guarding.
Rigel gasped.
An enormous basilisk was sleeping under a cave, he turned around, more and more basilisks. He could have handle them, they were much safer than the nundu, which had almost kill him once when he was younger.
Odin began beating his child, Rigel could feel the warm liquid known as blood running down his back. He curled himself into a small ball, father kept beating him everywhere his wrists and belt could reach.
Finally, after what seemed like hours, he finished.
The boy stayed sobbing, crying, curled in a ball on the wet floor.
With a final punch on his belly, he exited the room.
The child felt unconscious some minutes later, his energies drained almost completely.
The next day...
He walked and sat by the lake, fishes swam happily all around. Rigel gave a small sob as he continue washing the fish swimming all over. Suddenly, a giant snake came slippering, it was one of the smallest, one of the youth, but it was still ferocious.
Rigel began running as fast as he could and entered a small cave, in which he could hardly fit in. The basilisk tried with all his force to enter the cave, but was unable.
He covered himself from the cold night using leaves and sticks, they weren't much, but he didn't have his wand with him. He had leave it in his room, he didn't know he would need it.
Rigel entered the cave and felt asleep, exhausted, still fearful.
The next day, he looked for food. Berries were his lunch. The day after that, he did the same. He was getting really worried, a week had pass and his father had not come from him.
When he had already loose truck of time, perhaps a month or two later, his father came for him. Odin spanked him, until he was covered in blood from head to toe, the red substance was falling in an alarming quantity and speed. Not that dad would care. They walked back home in complete silence.
Rigel ate some miserable tiny piece of meat, but it was at least finally actual real meat! He was completely sick of those berries. He went to his room and began reading and studying Astronomy.
Hoping in vane his father was not going to beat him anytime soon.