Surprise

Chloe worked in an elementary school as a third grade teacher. She absolutely loved her job. Beca stayed at home with their new baby, Tessa. One day, Beca decided to surprise her wife with a visit to her classroom.

Beca walked through the front door of the school, holding Tessa in her arms, and entered the office.

"I'm here to visit my wife, Chloe Beale-Mitchell." Beca said.

"Sign in here and you can take a visitor's pass." The woman said in a raspy voice.

"You know Mrs Beale-Mitchell?" A little girl asked, exiting the small room attached to the office.

"Yes, do you know where her classroom is?" Beca asked be girl. The girl nodded. "Can you show me?"

The girl was about to speak when she was interrupted. "Jasmine, are you feeling better?" An older woman said and appeared behind the girl. The girl nodded. "You may return to class then. Who is this?" She asked, noticing Beca.

"I'm Beca Mitchell-Beale." Beca said and held out her free hand. "I'm Chloe Beale-Mitchell's wife and this is our daughter, Tessa."

"Oh, it's so nice to finally meet you, Beca! Chloe never stops talking about you." The woman said. "Jasmine is in Mrs Beale-Mitchell's class, she'll take you there if you'd like."

"That would be wonderful!" Beca said.

Jasmine led Beca down the empty halls of the elementary school. It was eerily quiet. They entered a separate hallway and Jasmine led her to a wooden door.

"You go in, I want to surprise her, so don't tell her about me." Beca said.

"Okay." The girl said. She opened the door and Beca could hear Chloe's clear voice speaking to the kids.

"One plus seven is eight. So if one plus seven is eight then what do you think one plus eight is?" Chloe said. "Oh welcome back Jazzy, are you feeling better?"

"Yes, thank you Mrs Beale-Mitchell." Jasmine said. Beca opened the door slowly, and crept inside. She held her hand to her lips to indicate to the children she wanted them to stay quiet.

"That's good, now who wants to fill Jazzy in on what she missed?" Chloe asked the class.

"I will." Beca said from behind the redhead.

"Beca!" Chloe squealed and ran towards her wife. She kissed Beca's cheek and took the baby from her arms. "Hi Tessa."

"Who's that?" A boy who looked exactly like Jazzy asked.

"This is my wife, Beca." Chloe said.

"You're married to a girl?" He asked.

"Yes." Chloe said. "Lets pause what we're doing and we can ask Beca anything. Who wants to go first?"

Beca sat next to Chloe in the table in the front of the room. Chloe played with Tessa in her lap. The same boy raised his hand.

"Yes, Jasper?" Chloe said.

"Who's that?" He asked motioning to the baby.

"This is Tessa, our daughter. Tessa say hi." Chloe said. The baby sat and stared.

"She's a little shy." Beca said and laughed.

The kids were very welcoming to Beca and Beca enjoyed being with Chloe for the remainder of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~