TWENTY THREE

Leo

Note to self, never wade through the toilet waste of a prison. I'm not going to go into details of it, because honestly it will make you throw up. What are they feeding these inmates? Indian food?

"Right Annabeth," Hazel said pinching her nose to avoid the smell, "we're in the bilge."

"Okay," Annabeth replied quickly, "Thalia cleaned his toilet yesterday and dangled a rope down it for you two to climb up. If you find that then you'll be fine."

Hazel looked at me, "I guess we should start looking then." I nodded, we split up.

I squelched off looking up at the high ceiling above us trying to find the rope through the darkness. I shone my flashlight up and spotted the rope. I walked over to where the end of it rested in a coil in the potty sludge that was the floor.

"Hazel!" I yelled, "I found it!"

Hazel found me eventually and looked up, "that must be about twenty feet!" Hazel exclaimed, "how are we going to climb all the way up there?"

"Stand back," I grinned and clicked my knuckles, "leave this to uncle Leo!"

********

Hazel shouldn't have left it to me. I shimmied up the rope whilst Hazel radioed Annabeth telling her to knock out the cameras. It took my a very, very long time to get to the small opening that was Percy's toilet I steeled myself and pulled myself up though the toilet.

Percy

I had been expecting someone to pop up sooner of later, but I had expected them to take the door like any normal human. What I definitely hadn't expected was for Leo Valdez to pop up out of my toilet.

He stuck his head through and looked around, "God it smells bad down there."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him, slightly shocked, "and hello to you too."

Leo looked me up and down, "you look awful."

I rolled my eyes, "and it's great to see you too."

"So are you coming or not?" Leo asked, and then ducked his head back into my toilet. I shrugged and clambered into the toilet. I hadn't eaten much over the past few weeks so I slid down easily.

I managed to miss the rope and fall about ten foot before I grabbed onto the rope.

Leo looked down at me with a judging glare, "that was really graceful Jackson."

"Shut it Repair Boy," I slide down the rope. Not caring that it was giving me rope burn. I just wanted to get out of that place and to Annabeth as soon as I could.

I clambered down the rope and landed next to Hazel who I grinned at before she tackled me in a hug.

"We've all missed you Percy!" She mumbled into my shoulder.

"Yer I've missed you too Hazel," I patted her back before she let me go and put a radio to her mouth.

"He's here Annabeth," she sniffed, I hadn't noticed that tears were beginning to form in her eyes, were they from happiness or did she really hate me that much?

"Okay guys, do you remember your way back?" Annabeth's voice crackled through the radio. Her voice was literally music to my ears.

"Yes I think we do," Hazel replied. I couldn't speak,mi just held out my hand to Hazel for the radio. She wordlessly passed it to me.

"Hey Wise Girl." I grinned as I spoke into the radio.

"Seaweed Brain." She replied simply. That was enough to keep me going.

"C'mon guys lets go," I grinned at Hazel and Leo and we walked through the smelly sewers with our heads held high.

Second last chapter!!! How do you like it???
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!!!
~Em xxx