Marinette rolled her eyes again, this time not even trying to cover up the action.

"If by hilarious you mean lame, then I agree."

Where was all of this sass coming from? Adrien had never seen Marinette talk this way to anyone other than Chloe, and himself when they first met, but that was justified due to their little misunderstanding with the gum.

"You talk as if you know Chat fairly well, how many times have you met him again?"

"Err, uhh, o-only a couple, I only, uh, know what Alya tells me about him, that's all." Marinette tried to stutter her way out of his question. She had gotten so caught up in the moment that she didn't realize how familiarly she was speaking about Chat. "You know what, I'm starting to get really hungry now, l-let's go get those cheese and cookies!"

With that, she turned on her heels and began making her way towards the nearest grocery store. Adrien decided to drop the conversation as well and follow her, his first priority was getting Emma back.

~.~.~.~.~

At the store the duo split up shortly so Marinette could grab a couple of cookies from the bakery section and Adrien could pick up his wheel of camembert from the dairy aisle. They met back up together at the front of the store after paying for their food.

Marinette bit into one of her cookies and dropped the rest of the cookies into her purse.

"I'm saving them for later," she informed Adrien as she did so.

After finishing up her cookie, which ddin't compare at all to the ones her father made, Marinette glanced curiously at Adrien who had stuffed his wheel of camembert into his pocket.

"Didn't you say you were hungry?" She asked.

"O-oh, right! I did say that didn't I..."

Adrien pulled the camembert out from his pocket and stared down at it in his hand, then up to Marinette who stared at him with big blue eyes, curious as to what was wrong.

"Actually," he started, trying to quickly think of something on the spot, "some people get grossed out when I eat camembert straight from the box. I was just going to wait until I was alone to eat it."

"I won't mind, you look good eating anything." Marinete froze"Or I mean, you look good doing anything - no wait, that's not what I meant! I-I!" Marinette slapped her red face at her accidental screw up, but Adrien didn't take notice of it, only hearing her say that she didn't mind him eating the cheese.

He slowly opened the box and looked down at the contents, the strong smelly scent already drifting up into his nose. He glanced up to Marinette again, then looked back down to the box and picked up one of the triangles, hovering it in front of his mouth.

'You can do it,' he motivated himself.

Fighting the urge to gag, Adrien placed the entire triangle of camembert into his mouth, assuming it would probably be best to eat the entire thing at once. He slowly started to chew, the flavour of the cheese invading his taste buds. With each bite he grew more and more nauseous.

"Are you ok?" Marinette asked. "You look a little pale?"

Adrien reluctantly nodded and mumbled around the mushed up cheese in his mouth. "I'm just...really enjoying this camembert..."

He tried to forcefully swallow it but every time his throat would reflexively clench up and make him gag. In the end he had to settle for swallowing the cheese in small portions. His stomach hated him at that moment, threatening to release the camembert back up from the way it came in.