Chapter 2

Edited by:

@sleepingintheshadows

@Just_another_star

~.~.~.~.~

The rest of the school day went by with constant interruptions from the babies. There was even one point when the crying of one baby set off every other doll in the room, which lead to half of the class sitting outside trying to stop their wailing dolls.

To Marinette, just making it through the school day was as satisfying as completing of a 10 mile marathon. That thought only lasted for a brief moment however as the sight of her baby brought her back to reality, reminding her that this was a full 24/7 problem she would have to deal with. The only thing that was able to brighten her spirits at the moment was the thought of getting to spend time with Adrien, even if it was in the context of taking care of a robot baby.

Right after the two had discovered that Louis was actually a girl they quickly renamed her Emma, another name which Marinette already had planned out for their future daughter. When the final bell rang and the teacher had dismissed the class, everybody began leaving the room in their assigned pairs, most of them grumbling about the project.

Alya leaned over to Marinette as she packed her books into her bag. "Do you think Chloe will help contribute to this at all, or will I be doing all the work myself?"

"Do you even need to ask?" Marinette replied, directing Alya's attention to Chloe who didn't spare them a second glance.

Alya sighed. "At least I know how to take care of a baby considering how much I had to help out my parents with my sisters, so I guess I could still get a good mark on this even without her."

A shrill squeal broke apart their conversation and they both turned to find Chloe had left her desk and made her way towards Adrien, locking him in a killer hug as if she was a damsel in distress that he just came to save.

"Oh Adri-poo," she whined, her voice seven pitches too high. "I got stuck being paired with Alya and I don't think I'll be able to make it, but don't worry, I have a solution."

Adrien tried to pry himself from her grasp, but Chloe's grip was relentless. His face contorted into a strained smile as he replied.

"And what's your solution?"

Chloe finally loosened her hold on him. "Well, since Marinette and Alya are friends, and you and I are inseparable, wouldn't it make more sense for us to just switch partners? The teacher doesn't have to know, we can just make up what we write on our worksheets." She shot Marinette and Alya a smirk, which they both responded to with unamused expressions.

"So Adrikins," she continued, ignoring the two friends, "what do you say? Actually, you don't even need to answer, I already know what you're going to-"

"Chloe," Adrien said, finally able to gently push her off of him. "The teacher paired me and Marinette together and I believe she made this decision for a reason. Maybe she thinks Marinette and I will work well together."

Part of what he said was true, he respected his teacher's decision for him to work with Marinette, but the other part of him didn't want to work with Chloe. She was his childhood friend and all, something his classmates still didn't understand, but she could get a little clingy, and by a little he meant a lot. Not only that, but he was also interested in working with Marinette. He didn't know much about her and hadn't gotten many opportunities to work together with her.

Chloe, however, didn't seem to like his response. She clung onto his arm like a protective girlfriend and glared at Marinette.

"Why would you want to work with her when you could work with me!"