8 | The Wiz

" You know, any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage, to set it free. "

|Recap|

A scarecrow without a brain. A tin man without a heart. And now a lion without courage.

"What do you say lion? We're heading there now and all we have to do is follow the yellow brick road. The Wiz would love to meet you and he can grant our wishes."

Scarecrow smiled. "I wish I had a brain."

"And I wish I had a heart. I'm handsome for no reason. I just need someone to love," tin man chuckled showing his perfect teeth.

"And me? I wish.. I wish to be a famous singer. That's why we're going to meet the Wizard. So what do you say?" I asked again.

He smiled.

| Third Person |

"So you won't take warning eh? All worse for you then. I'll take care of you now, instead of later!"

She continued. "Those ruby slippers belongs to me and I will get them one way or another. And when I get them, my power will be the greatest in OZ."

"....and now my beauties, something with poison in it. With poison in it," she spat while glaring at the crystal ball "but attractive to the eye and soothing to the smell. Hahaha. Poppies, poppies, poppies will put them to sleep. Now they'll sleep..."

| Dorothy |

My feet are pretty much done.

But I promised myself and Toto that I would make it to Hollywood, and I'm going to keep that promise.

Meeting the Wizard is my only chance at fame right now. But, I remember Aunt Em's exact words, whom I miss oh so much.

I remember her telling me that everything that glitters isn't gold. And that fame and fortune is not what it's cracked up to be.

I've met some friends on the way who are great company and are willing to meet the Wizard as well, but I miss home. And I miss my family.

I'm going to make sure that I ask the Wiz to send me back to Kansas as well. Never thought I'd say this but, my hometown has never looked so good.

Lion shielded us while we continued to walk through the woods. We come across a large field of beautiful flowers.