Chapter: 012

"So this is the first time you've been home since you got to Cali?"

Normani nods as she walks back into her bedroom carrying two water bottles and a bowl of popcorn.

"Where have you been? Over Dinah's the entire time?"

"Yeah mostly. I mean we stopped there first because I know how Dinah is with her family She was missing them something crazy. Mama Milika convinced us to stay there for a least one night since I'd be in town for a week. It was more me than Dinah since she'll probably spend most of her time there. But then I spent yesterday over there for a while before going out with a few friends. We ended up losing track of time and clowning around and I crashed at Gio's apartment then woke up and came home," she explained as she got comfortable on the bed and handed one bottle over to her guest and placed the other on the nightstand behind her.

"Well the house has been chilling. I've been checking on it like you ordered me your majesty. Everything is in order and in place as you left it. Although I did kill your plant in the foyer...."

"Seriously Daya? How do you even keep your dog alive? It amazes me."

"Because Noon barks at my face when he's hungry until I feed him. Your plants don't fucking talk. Seriously, don't act like you didn't know my thumb was black as hell Mani. Everything green I touch dies."

"Did you at least buy me a new one?"

"I had Aaron go get you something. He's better at that kind of stuff than I am," Zendaya said with a shrug and Normani rolled her eyes but accepted it. Zendaya definitely had a point. Aaron was her cook and definitely more reliable than her friend clearly.

"I should kick you out for killing my shit you know."

"Aye! I kept everything else alive!"

"There's nothing else to keep alive in this house Z!"

"I didn't set the house on fire did I?"

"No and I appreciate that. You did eat my stuff though you pig. I know I had more than 2 hot pockets in my freezer!" she said tossing a few pieces of popcorn at Zendaya's face who laughed.

"Consider that my pay for watching this place."

"You literally live two houses away dumbass."

"Far walk."

"I hate you."

"I know. Now turn on the movie I've been waiting months for you to get back so we could watch it!" Zendaya whined and Normani shook her head with a smile as she grabbed her remote and pointed it at the TV.

She had been in California for 2 days now but in Los Angeles for only a few hours. After leaving Dinah's family back in Oakland with Dinah promising to come down the next day, Normani met up with a few friends she had missed as soon as her car hit the city limits.

Hanging out and getting something to eat turned into hitting a bar and having a few drinks before going back to her friend's apartment to catch up and play cards. By the time 3am rolled around she was too drunk to drive so she decided to do what most of her other friends did and crash at her friend Giovanni's place. Didn't matter how famous or big she was, she'd clearly never be too big for her friends to make her sleep on the floor with a pillow and blanket, not that she minded.

When she woke up the next morning she jumped in her car, made a pit stop at McDonalds for breakfast, then hightailed it back to her house to shower and jump into her actual bed. She slept for close to 6 hours before Zendaya jumped on the bed to wake her up. She had given the woman a key to her place to check up on things while she was gone and clearly her friend had abused the fuck out of the privilege. Either way she had promised she'd watch a specific movie with the girl so once she was awake and coherent she held up her promise.