XXVIII: IS THAT A HICKEY?

Start from the beginning

"You're so pretty," Ava said, getting up so she could sit up straight and she toyed with the hem of his t-shirt absentmindedly, "It's not fair."

Luke's lips etched with a small grin, "Sometimes I forget that you're my girlfriend—or are you still scared of labels?"

"Oh please, I am not scared of labels, Mr. Luke Hemmings. I just happen to think that the term best friend sounds better," she explained, turning her nose up like she knew her reason was the right one.

At this, an idea sprung up in Luke's head, and he bit his lip, running his fingers over his knuckles, leaning closer to her. He raised an eyebrow and when his lips were nearly touching her neck, he could hear her breath hitch and he glanced up just for a moment to see her begin to blush vibrantly. Her hands automatically made their way to his torso, pulling him in closer.

"Do best friends do this?" He whispered against her tan skin, his lips brushing against her ear before they focused on her neck, hearing her breathing grow heavier as he peppered light kisses down until he reached her collarbone, where he kissed it a little longer, sucking on the skin gently before backing up and away from her, feeling as though he has proven his point.

Ava had a small, dazed smile on her face that was sweet and almost childlike, her eyes lit up slightly as she ran her fingers over the new and first lovebite Luke ever gave her. For the most the part she was in shock, but it was a good shock. She wrapped her arms around his neck loosely, smirking at him.

"You know, for the first time in my life, I am slightly turned on. Congratulations, you have achieved the impossible."

He chuckled and kissed her on the lips, just savoring the moment and how soft and nice Ava's lips felt on his, and how he knew that he was someone he wanted to kiss for the rest of his life. The moment could've lasted forever; the music changed again, this time it was a song that was even worse than the one before, yet both of them were too consumed in each other to notice.

Ava pulled away, gazing up at Luke like he was a bright star she kept wishing on, and ran a hand through his hair, messing it up more than it already was.

"What are you doing to me, Luke Hemmings?" She questioned and it was genuine, like she wasn't sure why this six foot tall manchild with beautiful blue eyes and a great music taste was affecting her so much.

He blushed and gave her an adorable coy shrug, "Dazzling you with the horrible songs on a random Spotify page I clicked?"

Playfully rolling her eyes, she poked his dimple and sighed, "That is exactly what's happening. Seriously, where are you getting this music?"

He walked to the couch and plopped down, "I dunno. I let Calum use my Spotify account since I have premium and he listens to weird music when he works out. You can change the song if you want, but only because I love you."

He watched as she made her way to his phone, not being able to keep his eyes off her. He stared as she fixed a strand of hair and turned back to glance at him, making him act like he wasn't staring at her and he quickly turned his head so it looked like he was staring at a coffee stain on one of Ashton's weird Seventeen magazines.

But, of course, Ava knew he was staring.

She giggled and propped herself up by the stool in corner, picking up Luke's phone, the cord connecting it to the speaker hanging by her legs as she swung her feet. The girl was more than happy to choose the music, glad that she stopped an awful techno song before it even really played. Biting her lip and scrolling through the options, she saw something that caught her eye. This something caused her to laugh quietly to herself, catching Luke's attention.