„You're doing it by keeping me company," the older one smiled again. „Mostly I need a change of environment and being outside with fresh air helps the quickest. I can clear my head and let those thoughts go."

„Good," I breathed and felt her hands stroking up my upper arms.

„But maybe you could do something else," my girlfriend's smile morphed into a smirk. „Distracting myself is always good," she added and the piercing green eyes focused on my lips to signal what she wanted.

I had no problem meeting her wish and went in without the usual banter and teasing this time. Simply leaning in, our lips met in another soft kiss. One of her hands cupped my cheek to keep me close while the other rested on my back. We had exchanged a few gentle kisses tonight and I enjoyed the tender side of Lauren. It was probably unexpected to most people who didn't know her that well.

But I also knew a different side to her and felt compelled to challenge that part of her. So I went in for a deeper kiss and sucked on her bottom lip. Immediately the hand on my back tightened its grip. She smiled against my lips right after it but I followed up by brushing my tongue against her bottom lip seductively. Apparently I had struck a chord now because she came in next and did the same.

She was the one running the tip of her tongue against my lips and I was eager to let her take charge. Tilting my head, I opened my mouth slightly further and felt her skillfully teasing my tongue with hers. Gently brushing over it before pulling away and doing it again even slower and more sultry. As soon as she bit my lip, I released a quiet moan that I couldn't suppress for the life of me. My entire body was starting to heat up but I knew this wasn't the place for it.

When her hand started wandering, I had an idea where it would go and was proven right as she grabbed my bottom. Now I pulled away from the kiss and met the emerald orbs filled with passion.

„Does grabbing my butt reduce your anxiety?" I asked playfully and kinked an eyebrow.

„Absolutely," the slightly swollen lips replied with a serious look. „Scientifically proven even. Did you not read that article?"

„I must have missed that one," I chuckled while being overjoyed her playful side was coming back.

„Really? There was a big headline. New cure for anxiety: Camila Cabello's Ass," she teased and pinched my butt which made me squirm but laugh at the same time.

„Lauren!" I scolded and grabbed her wrist to remove her hand. „You're such a pervert."

„Oh really?" she tilted her head. „Do you want to go there? Because I recall a certain someone calling me late at night last month trying to have skype sex."

„That was...different," I tried to argue whereas my cheeks started burning up.

„Yeah right," she scoffed.

„Well, I'm glad we didn't do that because that makes the real thing so much more exciting," I said and bit my lower lip to tease her.

„The anticipation is killing me so don't even go there," Lauren grinned.

„First we go back to the wedding and then we'll see what happens," I offered knowing very well what would happen after the party was over and we'd go back to Lauren's hotel room.

We returned to the others and Lauren seemed to be way more relaxed after having a little break. It was a great night with a lot of fun for everyone. Throughout all the confusion of my feelings, I ended up focusing on the moment and the fact that I was able to spend time with the woman I had missed so much. Quality time was very important and as much as we had made it work with the long distance, it was an entirely different thing to be with her in person. It reminded me even more of how lucky I was to have found someone that I genuinely loved.