The Boy Who Looks Like A Prince

{ nine }

The days passed on quickly. And as each day bids goodbye, I can feel my heart do the same with Cyndey. I'll be a liar if I say I don't miss her but I'm feeling better now. I have finally taken in the fact that she is happy elsewhere. . . . with God. On the bright side, Dolph and I became closer as well.

And finally, the day of the prom arrived.

I woke up with a loud bang on my door.

"Dammit! Who's there?" I asked.

"Meeeeeeeee!!!" A shrill shout. It's obvious that it's Amour outside.

I stood up from my bed and didn't even bother to put a shirt on. I walk towards the door and I twist the knob. There, Amour happiliy stands with a very wide grin.

"Oh my god! Why didn't you have a shirt on? Oh my god! I'm so excited for the prom! Oh my god! It's tonight! Oh my, my god! I'm so beautiful, Oh my--

"God! You're annoying!!" I said, pissed off. "What do you want Amour, it's way early."

"Early? It's quarter to 11! We should already start preparing for tonight. Especially me." She ends her statement with a rapid eye blinking.

I walk away from the door and fetch my shirt from my bed. "I told you last night that I have no plans of attending the prom." I slid my shirt to my body and fit it tight, "But I can accompany you as you prepare."

"Oh you're such a joker, Raemus. Your prince outfit is already here." She said. Amour leans on one side of the door frame.

"My what?"

"Your prince outfit! I had it made for you so you won't back out. I think it really fits you. Some tricks and you will look like a real prince. We have to do something with your hair though." She insists.

"But I already backed out!!" I countered.

"Oh No-no-no!! You are attending it with me even if we don't have royal partners. We will be the royal siblings!" She screamed in joy. Her eyes looks proud.

"Thank you for reminding." I sighed.

"Aw, that's not what I meant to say. . . Raemus! Just listen to me! Cyndey may not be here physically but she's here, look inside your heart. She never left, she'll never left. This dance, didn't you tell me that she promised this to you. Then attend it!! She may have broken her promise, Raemus. But she didn't break your heart. She's the one who got hit by the truck but it seems to me that you're the one who needs saving." Amour said, almost scolding me for being a jerk. "This may not be magical like it should be but there is magic when you believe, Raemus. When you believe. . ."

I didn't open my mouth. Her words are stuck in mind.

"You should bathe now. Eat some food and meet me in my room." She ordered. She then left without a goodbye nor closing the door.

"Believe. . . ." I whispered to myself.

I did what I was told. I bathed and fixed myself. I wear a white wife batter and a cartoon-printed boxers, I'll be changing clothes later anyway. I brush my hair up with my fingers.

"So my fear is happening again. Why should I always have to be left alone on Valentine's Day? Or the season of love?" I sighed, still, molding my hair to the right style.

After I feel confident enough, I go out of my room and went straight downstairs. There, Amanda and Dolph are snuggling on the couch, like teenagers actually.

They noticed that I'm standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking at them.

"Oh, hey there, buddy." Dolph said.