I see Liam in the distance but his back is to me. He has likely noticed that I am no longer in the booth by now. I begin to make my way towards him but slam into another person. A man. He turns to face me and I see his perfect brows furrow together slightly.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to run into you." I sputter out embarrassed. His expression softens as soon as he sees my cheeks flush.

"That's okay. Where were you headed in such a rush?" He tilts his head to the side. His eyes glitter in the lighting.

He is a tall man with a very chiseled jawline and finely styled blonde hair. He looks as if he was in his mid twenties. His eyes are a deep blue, but they are not as captivating as Liam's.

"Oh no where. I was just. I'm clumsy." I awkwardly answer with a nervous laugh.

"Well if you're not going anywhere, may I have this dance?" He asks, reaching his hand out for me.

"I don't really- I can't- dance." I fumble. He takes my hand anyway and swiftly spins me around.

I spin fast and a gasp escapes my lips at the sudden movements. He then quickly pulls me back to where I am slightly pressed against his large chest. He laces his fingers with mine. His other hand snakes around my body to rest in the small of my back. He leads the dance with fluid movements. We glide across the dancefloor.

"So what brings you to this party, wolf?" He states without missing a beat. My eyes widen as he already can tell that I am not like him. I make a move to pull away but his grip on me tightens.

My heart thumps a little faster.

"Let me go." I pull again but he holds me tightly.

"Not so fast." He says smoothly.

"What do you want?" I question tensely.

"You're here with Liam right?" He questions with a slight smirk.

"Yes. Why?" Why is this information important?

"My dear friend, Liam, spoke of you." He begins wishfully, "He said he had discovered a sort of hybrid, a wolf and a vampire. You." He continues, the glitter in his eyes dances, "A creature of that sort is very valuable. And very powerful at that." He nods his head to my form.

"You're right, very powerful. So if I were you I would quit messing with me." I hiss, pulling away from him finally. I walk through the crowd and out the door of the ball. I exit into one of the many living rooms. I walk to an open area where there is a large staircase. I climb the staircase and sit on the top step.

I bury my head into my hands. Tonight has been one thing after another. My heart jumps as I think back to the woman in the not-so-white dress. Does that mean I ruined the night? Will Liam hold it over my head? I take in a deep breath.

"You didn't think you could escape me that easily did you?" My attention is drawn to the bottom of the staircase. I frown upon seeing the man standing there with a menacing look in his eyes.

I don't want to be messed with right now.

"Back off." I growl out a warning. My eyes flash an electric blue as my wolf threatens to come out.

"You'll like it with me. My house is much brighter." He muses, scowling at the dark walls around him. He makes a slow ascend up the marble staircase.

"Don't come any closer." I warn from my perch on the top step.

He is a vampire, though. In a flash he is at the top of the staircase. He wraps a large clammy hand around my wrist and pulls me to my feet.

He begins to drag me down the stairs but I am not going so easily.