Chapter Ten - Caught

Going to school is much different now.

Since you are Homecoming Queen, you are one of the most popular girls in the school.

Some people are even begging for your autograph.

You go to your locker, and Pippa is standing there looking worried.

"What's up?", you say to her.

"You're not going to like this...", she replies.

You look at her confused and say, "What do you mean?"

She sighs, "Show her, Chris."

Chris pulls out his phone and shows you a picture.

"What's this?", you ask, as you hold the phone.

"Lin... I saw him on Sunday at the burger joint I work at. He was with some other girl, and they looked cozy together.", he says, explaining the picture.

You look at the picture, where Lin is joyfully playing around with another girl.

"Are you sure this is Lin?", you ask.

"I'm positive. He even said, 'Put the charge on Lin', when he was paying.", he says.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N).", Jon says sympathetically.

"It's okay.", you say back. "Thank you for letting me know."

"We'll leave you alone to process it.", Pippa sighs. "Let us know if you need to rant."

"Okay.", you whisper.

They leave you alone.

You slump down at your locker, bring your knees to your chest, and bury your head into your legs.

"Why would he do this to me?", you ask yourself.

You regain your strength after a while, and carry on with the day.

You do your best to ignore Lin as much as possible, and hide from him if he was walking towards you in the hallways.

You drive home after school, and go into your room.

You curl yourself up into a ball on your bed and cry.

You cry yourself to sleep, and the last thoughts in your head are, "I thought it was true love... but I guess it's not."

~

Such a sad chapter! :(
Lin seems like he's such a sweetheart, I feel like he'd never do this.
Anyways, thank you for reading! Please vote, follow, and COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS! :)